Chapter 4

< Chapter 4 >

Erin's POV -

As Andrew promised, he didn't leave my side the whole night. His friends were playing pool and although he didn't say anything about wanting to join them, I could tell he wanted to.

He might not realize this, but he was constantly looking over to the pool table.

I felt bad, because it was as if I was stopping him from having fun.

***

Smiling, I said, "Hey Drew, why don't you go and join your friends?" His eyes lighted up but he refused, instead, he said "Why don't we dance?"

I was pleasantly surprised at his refusal, because I thought he was waiting for me to give him the approval to join his friends.

"Just go and join your friends, I can tell you would choose pool over dancing any time," I answered.

Beaming down at me, he ruffled my hair and mouthed, "Thanks."

***

Thirsty, I walked to the kitchen and saw a couple of jocks consuming liquor like water. I felt really uncomfortable with their constant staring and wanted to leave as soon as I got my drink.

As I was walking away, 2 of the jocks approached me. They smelled nasty, and they were surely high.

Oh my god. I backed away from them quickly and realized that my back reached a wall.

There's no way out.

My mind started to think of the horrible stuff they were going to do to me and that gave me the power I needed to walk away from them. They were clearly unhappy that I was trying to walk away because one of them grabbed my arm, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

I gulped, "What do you want?"

Both of them smiled creepily before answering, "You."

Okay so is this a horror movie? Because its not funny and I'm getting really freaked out.

The other jock yanked my hair and I screamed. They scrambled to cover my mouth to stop me from screaming and I bit their hands.

Why isn't anyone coming to help me?! Are they all dead? Or zombie-fied?!

Oh my god why did I let Drew leave me alone, why why why.

"You little bitch!" The jock who yanked my hair slapped me across my face and I fell to the floor.

That's going to bruise, it hurts.

***

Just then, James came in. He glared at the two jocks and swiftly kicked them in the nuts before yelling at them to leave.

I sat on the floor, unable to move.

Why is it that bad things always happen to me?

"Hey, hey, don't cry. I don't want to see you cry," James said, pulling me into an embrace. I sobbed quietly into his chest and soaked in his warmth. I really needed that comfort so I snuggled up to him. Before I knew it, I fell asleep in his arms.

***

"WHAT THE HELL?" I heard someone shout.

"Shut up she's sleeping!" The other person replied in annoyance.

They continued to bicker back and forth, raising their voices louder than the previous. They seemed to be having a shouting competition.

How do they expect me to sleep with that amount of noise?

I forced my eyes open and saw Drew looking at me with a hurt look on his face. As soon as we made eye contact, he turned and walked away. I felt guilty immediately.

***

Jumping out of James' arms, I followed Drew to his car. In my haste of following Drew, I didn't see the hurt look on James' face as I jumped out of his arms.

"I'm sorry, I was getting sleepy and he was comfy so I just slept in his arms. Yeah. I know I'm your date and I know he has a girlfriend. Nothing happened so don't worry about it. I mean not that you worry but - " "Shh," Drew put a finger on my lips. "You're rambling," He said, with a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

I blushed and kept my mouth shut.

Sighing, he said, "Sorry for acting the way I did just now, I couldn't control myself."

I was taken aback by his apology, he seemed like the kind of person who would argue till he was right.

Apparently, I was wrong.

"So, am I forgiven?" He asked. I pretended to ponder over it, "Well..... I guess you are."

***

Looking at the time, I saw that it was already 2 a.m. So much for not staying out too late.

"I already called Danielle and she said she would be going back with a friend of hers. So shall we leave?" Drew asked.

He even called Dan? He's really caring and thoughtful.

So unlike his bad boy image.

I smiled at his gesture to open the door for me, "What a gentleman," I teased. He grinned at me cheekily and answered with a flick of his wrist, "Of course!"