Chapter 3

< Chapter 3 >

Erin's POV -

"Omfg it's finally the end of school," I thought, as the school bell rang.

I was the first to get out of the class, I really couldn't stand being there for a second more. Gosh I really hate school.

But don't get me wrong, I like education, and I want education, I just hate school. We, students, literally have stress levels as high as mental patients back in the 70s.

I walked to my locker, thinking about Andrew. When I reached my locker, I was surprised to see someone standing in front of it.

"Is it Andrew?" I thought, smiling happily when I thought it was him.

***

The person turned to face me when I approached my locker. "Hi Erin. We meet again," James Parker said.

Disappointed, I pushed past him to put my books in the locker, not bothering to reply him. "Looks like someone's in a bad mood," James said. "Yeah so shut up before I put my fist in your mouth."

I didn't know why I was in such a bad mood, was it because of Andrew? Ugh! What am I thinking now?!

"Are you listening to me?!" James asked, putting his hands up in exasperation. "Oh sorry, I wasn't listening. What were you saying?"

Ok I should really stop thinking of Andrew. That guy is making my head go wild.

"Well, I was just asking if you wanted to go to a party tonight." James asked with a wink. "It's at my place. I'll see you there," he added.

Wait did I agree?! I wanted to call out to him but he already walked away.

Ugh.

***

"Summers!" Someone was calling for me urgently. And the only person who called me Summers was Andrew. I whipped my head behind to see Andrew running towards me. Stopping in front of me, he put up a hand as if to say "1 second," then panted as if he just finished a 10 mile run.

I was very happy to see him, but of course I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Yes? Why are you in such a rush?" I replied. He hesitated for a moment before replying me, "Well I wanted to talk to you. Can you be my date to a party tonight? It's at James's, please say you will agree!"

He gave the puppy eyes at the end of his speech to make me agree.

Gosh I'm such a sucker for puppy eyes! "Fine, fine... But only on one condition, you can't leave my side all night ok?"

I really didn't want to be alone at a party after all that happened....

"Sure! I'll be by your side all night!" Andrew said happily, clapping his hands in glee. He spun me around, taking me by surprise, and yelled at the top of his lungs "YOU ARE THE BEST!" He earned a couple of glares and he grinned at them.

I tried to suppress a smile at his childish antics, but burst out laughing soon after.

"Hey so I'll be at your house at 7. Is that alright?" Andrew asked. I nodded and waved goodbye to him. He's really different from what i thought he was, a good kind of different.

***

At the thought of being able to spend time tonight with Andrew, I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

Oh crap. What should I wear for the party?! I don't want Andrew to be embarrassed by me!

Dialing Danielle's number, I speed-walked to my van. Heck I really needed a car. This van is really old already.