Chapter 6

I introduced you to some of my friends. I only met one of yours. I don't even remember his name. But you met Marlowe, Aria, Sierra, Willow, Tara, and Imogen. (For the sake of this story, I know you used to call me and Tara big and little whatever our name was because we had the same name but I changed her name for this. Sorry.) I remember the night you first met Sierra and Willow.

It was a Saturday night and I invited over Sierra, Willow, and Marlowe. We hung around the fire pit in my backyard and while the three of them were having fun, I was messaging you. They made fun of me for it endlessly. They even took my phone away at one point.

Not long after, we ended up inside where we played the pocky game and it ended in a few make-out sessions. We don't like to talk about that. We then blew up around 100 balloons and filled my room. I also chugged a 2-liter bottle of orange Fanta and threw it up all over my bed and Sierra's leg. They made fun of me for years and I'm still not allowed to drink it.

We eventually Skyped you and you met everyone. And we moved out of my room and into the office on the futon. We played truth or dare. Willow crashed early but the rest of us stayed up and talked. I ended up only in my underwear. You had Nutella on your face. I had to crawl through the doggy door. You were shirtless. It was quite the night. I was super sad when it had to end.

Everyone fell asleep around three. I didn't make it to bed until 5ish. You were still running through my head. I also hating sharing a bed with someone, let alone three people. I changed my bed stuff, did laundry, ate some pizza, and finally got settled in my own bed but you were still in the back of my mind. I couldn't get it to stop.

The next morning, my dad made us waffles. Willow got picked up early and Sierra not long after. Remember those balloons I mentioned? Well, Marlowe and I started writing stories about us and you on them until my parents told us to pop them because they were scaring the dogs. The popping scared them even more. I've kept some of those balloon scraps through the years.

I miss that night.

I miss you.