Chapter 3

The first hour of the flight was incredibly awkward and silent. Louis and I didnt say a word to each other and honestly, it was all for the better. Harry and Zayn were busy on their phones playing games, Niall was occupied with reading the plane's food menu, and Liam and Danielle were taking selfies and joking around. Everyone's booth was a lot of fun but, with my luck, I was stuck in the only one that wasn't.

"Hello Ms. Adams." The perky blonde flight attendant said to me as she rolled her bevarage cart next to us. "What drink can I get you for you today?"

"Just some Dr. Pepper, please." I replied. She handed me one and then looked at Louis expectantly.

"And for you, sir?"

"Just a ginger ale. Stomach is a little uneasy today." Louis said.

"Here you are. Hope you feel better, hun." Then she moved to the next booth of people.

As Louis sipped his beverage I wondered if I was the reason his stomach was hurting. I also wondered if he purposely told that information to the attendant because I was sitting next to him.

"I know what you're doing." I hissed at him. He cocked an eyebrow.

"What exactly am I doing?" Louis asked innocently.

I let out a sigh of frustration. "Stop trying to make me sympathize with you. Stop trying to make me feel sorry for what you did." I said.

Louis smirked and turned away from me but not before I heard him mutter underneath his breath, "Not everything is about you."

"This is about me." I retaliated. "I bet you anything you probably purposely had me sit next to you in the flight because you knew how awkward it'd be."

Louis gave me a look of disbelief. "Oh yeah, definitely the reason why." He said sarcastically. "Even though I'm under a lot of stress lately let's seat you next to me on a seven hour flight so you can give me an even harder time. Because obviously I'm the bad guy. You know what, Darcy? Get over yourself and get over what happened. It was six months ago."

I was so hurt by what he just said so I didn't say anything. My own stomach was hurting because of how stressful arguing with him was. Louis was right, for once. Why was I still hung over about something that happened half a year ago? Why couldn't I just let it go?

And then I saw Louis's screensaver as he unlocked his phone and I remembered the grief and pain all over again that justified all of my bitterness. The picture on his phone brought up all of the ugly emotions such as jealousy and rage.

The picture of Eleanor.