Reality Ruined my Life

Chapter 1

         “No!” I screamed. “I surrender, I surrender!”

        Niall’s warm arms scooped me up and threw me in the cold water. As I surfaced the pool I saw his flushed face stretch out in a grin. I grabbed the edge of concrete and hauled myself up. Goosebumps covered my body.

       “Not funny Niall…” I mumbled, hopping out of the pool, shivering.

        “Nice one Niall!” Liam emerged from the house, a Pepsi in his right hand, laughing. He’d been watching from the kitchen window.

      I wrapped myself with a towel and pushed past them. “Watch it Payne, I know where the spoons are.” I gave him a smirk and closed the sliding glass door. Inside Harry was sprawled out on the brown leather sofa.

      I couldn’t help but grin at the sight. He looked so peaceful. His curly hair was messy and his white v-neck shirt was crinkled. I loved seeing him this way.

        I walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. After washing up i walked into the guest room the boys have allowed me to stay in. I ringed out my hair and looked through my bag of clothes for a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater. Suddenly I heard a vibrating sound.

        I looked around. I knew it wasn’t my phone because mine was out by the pool

        The vibrating noise continued for a couple more seconds. I lifted the covers of the queen sized bed only to find Louis’s phone.

        That was strange. Lately Louis had been over protective of that thing, keeping it at close hand. I tightened my grip on the towel, keeping my naked body covered. Should I grab the iPhone?

        It vibrated again and I looked at the lit screen. There were ten missed calls from Eleanor. Just as I was about to touch Louis’s phone the door opened as Louis barged in. I screamed and dropped my towel.

        “I’m so sorry— I ugh—my phone—-” he stammered and quickly ran out. My cheeks turned a bright red. Louis Tomlinson had just seen a glimpse of my exposed body. I ran over to the door, shut it tight and locked it. My whole body felt hot. As if things weren’t already awkward between us we had to add this situation.

        I quickly changed and put my hair in a pony tail. I grabbed Louis’s phone and walked over to the kitchen where the boys were setting up the table and cooking mac n’ cheese that came from a box. I couldn’t look Louis in the eyes as I handed him his phone. He took it without looking at me, mumbling thanks. None of the boys noticed the awkward encounter. 

        “Where’s Zayn?” I asked, looking around for the black haired, tattooed boy.

        “Zayn is on a date with Perrie right now.” Liam answered.

        “In public?” I asked, confused. Recently One Direction had decided to see how much of their lives they can live out while being on the down low  The decision was abrupt but I had not questioned their intentions. Everyone deserved privacy, no matter how famous. 

        “They’re wearing wigs, hats, sunglasses, and eating at this small family owned restaurant.” Niall said, pulling up a chair beside me. I scooted away from him, glaring at his face.

        “What?” He questioned, laughing at me. He knew exactly what. “You’re still mad at me aren’t you, for dumping you in the pool…”