Battle # 01

Loud clap and cheers were heard as the next CEO was announced.

Aga went up the platform to render his speech.  He reminisced back to the days when he was little and the his father's company was struggling to make it back to the market.  He said he was too young back then to understand the requisites of the business life.  But now that he's grown older that he realized, it's not just them, the owners, that make their business succeed - it's their people.  He sent his appreciation to everyone in the company.

Just as they thought he's done, he surprised them with another announcement.  His half-brother will replace him as the COO.

He was with great pride when he called Bamboo to join him on the stage.

They were siblings sharing the same mother. 

When Aga's father died they were saved by Mr. Manalac, his dad's bestfriend.  He supported them both financially and emotionally.  As a child who lost a father figure, he found a new family in him.  It was never hard for him to accept when his mom decided to marry him.  After the marriage, they opted for Aga to remain a Mulach in memory of his late father.

A year after, Bamboo was born.  They grew up the exact opposite of each other but surprisingly, they get along very well.

Aga knows his decision will put question from everyone who knows them.  Bamboo was never the type to enter into the business world.  He's more inclined into music and the arts, but Aga trusts his brother and he knows he can do well.  This is the first time he had seen him this determined.

Bamboo thanked Aga with a handshake.  He trembled as he faced to crowd but he brushed his worries off.

He wanted to be better and he wanted to be suitable for her.

He searched for his inspiration before starting his speech and he found her amongst the crowd, smiling widely.  She was cheering for him and it helped him regain his confidence as he delivered his piece.

"Thank you for everyone who share this joyful moment with us.  We won't be here today without all your hardwork.  I promise to do well and help maintain our company's excellent market standing.  Let's work together on this!  Enjoy the evening!"  He ended with a bow.

The people clapped and stood up.  Bamboo felt the warm welcome and his heart leaped with pride.  If only she will do the same.

Bamboo approached their table.  He forced a smile when he saw her smiling while talking to his brother.

"Congratulations Bamboo! You did very well for a first timer."  Aga stood up and hugged him.

"Thanks, you helped me a lot bro."  He replied.

Lea waited for the two to finish before saying her congratulations.  She was watching them with a smile.

"Bamboo!!" She shrieked and gave him a big hug.  "I'm so proud of you, alam mo ba yon?"

"I know.. I know, thank you!"  He said as he tightened the hug.

She released herself from his arms and held his hand.  "Grabe ang lamig ng kamay mo!  But in fairness hindi halata that you're nervous. Galing!"  She tried to ruffle his hair but Bamboo prevented her.

"I'm not a kid."  He stated with a serious tone.

"Ay, ang seryoso naman."  She cooed and looked at Aga.  "Naging COO lang, serious na oh!"  She pointed at Bamboo.

"I've always been serious in everything I say and do.  It just hurts that some people can't see that."  He stated bitterly.

Tension arose.  Aga was eyeing Bamboo and he did the same.  If looks could kill, the two might be dead by now.