Battle # 02

Lea woke up beside Aga the next day.  Even while sleeping he was hugging her tight that she can't escape.

"Babes?"  She called him softly.  He stirred a little but kept his eyes shut.  He even tightened his hug.

"Babes it's morning, we need to report to work.  Wake up na!"

He opened his eyes and stared at her.

Lea turned red.  She remembered what happened or rather what almost happened last night.  She stopped him when he was about to undress himself.  She wasn't ready.  She made a promise that she will make love only to her husband and although it's only a matter of time before they become one, they're still not married yet.

It was an awkward morning because it's actually the first time they slept together.  Aga prepared breakfast before bringing her to her house.  He didn't say much after and Lea knows something is bothering him.  What was it about - she didn't know.  But she didn't push the matter either, maybe they just need more time.

However, it's been three days since their anniversary and Aga was still acting distant.  He will call her every morning to greet her like he used to, but nothing follows afterwards.  She misses him already.  She thinks its her fault for not giving in to him but didn't regret her decision.  That's her stand and he acknowledges that.  At first she thought everything will be fine because he assured her that he understands but his action says otherwise.

She was surprised to receive a message from him that he will fetch her tonight.  She finished all her work for the day and waited for him at her office.  But instead, he texted her to go directly to the parking.  He said he'll just wait for her there.

"Babes, galit ka ba?"  She asked Aga who was too focused on his driving.

"What made you think that way?"  He replied without even looking.

"Kase.."  She hesitates to continue.

"Kase we didn't do it? Yun ba?"  This time he turned to look at her.  He saw her nod.

Aga parked the car on the side.

"Babes, hindi ako galit."  He caressed Lea's face and stared at her.  She was about to cry.

"I'm happy that you value yourself that much and I feel so blessed that I am the lucky man beside you now.  Okay ako as long as I know that you're with me and that hindi mo ako ipagpapalit.  I'm contented with just that for now.  You're mine babes, I want you to remember that."  He stated and kissed her lips.

They broke the kiss and Lea smiled.  "Babes, what made you think na ipagpapalit kita? You're almost everything I could ask for."

Almost, he hates to hear that from her.  "What's lacking Lea? Am I not enough?"  He thought and continued to drive.

"Saan pala tayo babes?"

"You'll know soon."

Aga brought her to their rest house in Tagaytay.  After the turnover of positions, their father's busy schedule was freed.  He now enjoys the privilege of having leisure time.  His parents went for a vacation and they've been asking him to bring Lea along.

Aga has been very busy the whole week,  one of the reasons why he intentionally avoided Lea.  Another reason was his brother, who speaking of, arrived late.  They were already having dinner when he came.

"Bamboo take a seat, son.  Is it traffic?  Sana sumabay ka nalang sa Kuya mo, kanina pa sila nandito."  Mr. Manalac said and let Bamboo take a seat beside his mom.  It was a seat opposite Lea.