Chapter 1

°Present °

Isabel's POV

"Help! Please, help me!"

An ear-splitting scream woke me from my deep slumber. It was that dream again. I've been having those nightmares ever since I woke up as a vampire. I never truly cared if it means something, but now it got me all curious.

I've been living with Gertrude, a vampire, for a while now. She had been the one who found me way back 1300s. She told me that when she found me, I was in the process of becoming a vampire. The problem was, I don't remember anything prior to that. The only thing I can remember is that I came from an aristocrat family and that my name is Isabel Louis Faye.

Because of that, Gertrude introduced me to the world of the supernaturals. She taught me how to control my blood thirst and to only feed on animals. Although sometimes, we get to taste human bloods occasionally.

We are now living in South Carolina after decades of finding a place to finally settle in.
All those years that had passed, Gertrude was beside me. She's been helping me remember my lost memories. Having Gertrude with me was a big help. I wouldn't have lived this far without her. I consider her my only family now. I'm so grateful for having her when she could've left me then and there.

We've been through a lot already so I can say we saved up enough to live lavishly. We bought this mansion a few years back and hired both vampires and humans to run the place. We maintain a good relationship with the vampires and even called themselves my own little army. They probably only said it because they were sired to me. Anyway, I know their loyalty lies with me so I treat them as close as family.

I was preparing to go down for breakfast when a knock was heard through my door.

"Isabel? Are you up? I heard you scream, are you okay? Can I come in?" Gertrude's worried voice can be heard on the other side.

I slowly walked to the door and opened it for her and in she walked.

"I'm okay. It's just the usual nightmare. The night I was bitten I think." I answered, not really sure what to tell her.

"Did it go further than before?" Gertrude asked intrigued.

"No, just the same. But it happens too frequently now, and I think that's something."

"Yes, and you constantly worry me everytime this happens." She told me, concern written all over her face.

"Don't worry Gertie, we'll find the answers soon enough." I smiled to assure her.

"I hope so." She sighed.

Changing the topic I asked her for details regarding our gala later tonight, "By the way, how's it going for the annual feast preparation downstairs? Everything going smoothly?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, we need your approval. Let's head downstairs." Turning towards the door only looking back to make I'm following.

"Sure, I'll be down in a minute. Just have to write it down, you know what I mean." I gave her a knowing glance.

"Okay, we'll wait for you then. Don't take too long please?" she said as she walked out and closed the door behind her.

"Can't promise to that." I yelled a little for her to hear.

I went back to my vanity table, staring at my reflection in the mirror, I caressed my necklace when suddenly memories came flooding back.

*Flashback*

I was admiring the painting when I felt someone's presence behind me. When I turned around I saw a man, giving me the sweetest smile in which I returned.

"You look lovely as always, Lady Faye" the man complimented, bowing and kissing the top of my hand at the same time.

"Chivalrous at all times, I see" I replied.

"You looked so serious admiring the painting, I wonder what's on your mind."

"You can never know, Elijah"

"Oh I almost forgot, I've got something to give you, Lady Faye."

"What is so important you have to disturb me with your presence?" I asked him coyly.

"Turn around and close your eyes. I'll put it on for you."

I did what he told me, then I felt something cold on my neck.

"You can look now."

I opened my eyes and saw moonstone and sapphire pendant on my neck.

"It's beautiful, Elijah. Why are you giving this to me?" I curiously asked him.

"It is only fitting for someone as ravishing as you to have this and also to send you a message."

"What message? Why can't you just say it instead?"

"I gave you that necklace as a sign of my affection for you Lady Faye," Elijah mumbled.
"The very moment I laid my eyes on you, you have captured my heart. It is only now I can act on my feelings for you," he continued,  turning me around and looking into my eyes.

"I never knew you felt that way for me, Elijah." I shyly replied while he smiled at me knowingly.

Slowly he leaned in to me catching my lips. I automatically closed my eyes and felt his lips touched mine.

*End of Flashback*

When I opened my eyes, I found myself back in my room.

A/N
And that's the first chapter. So sorry it took way too long to update. 😅
How was it? Do you think I should keep going? 😂
If you're still reading this, thank you! 😄