Shut down

Laying here staring at the tree that sat in front of me I didn't know what to think, but I couldn't spend a lot of time trying to comprehend what the tree symbolizes I stood up grabbing Kira putting him on my back again then began to head down the path back to the hospital.

As I walked he got heavier but I couldn't put him down if I did I don't think I'd be able to pick him back up my body felt so weak I could barely hold him up as I am. "Dammit Kira, what is wrong with you?" I murmured as I approached the hospital.  As I entered the doctor was there to greet us with a smile his face sewn together his smile awry. "What happened to your pet?" he asked still smiling manically "I don't know it's like his vessel shut down" I kept my distance from him I couldn't trust him since I arrived here I knew that I couldn't trust him.

"I see, he's been in this vessel for too long it's beginning to deteriorate he must go to his normal vessel" he explained, "How can I help him?" "You can't" He answered playing with the stitches in his face "It's still not done healing you must wait a little bit longer but not too long" He walked closer to me in return I backed away "What happens if he's not back in his old vessel?" "His spirit will turn into an echo if that's still the case." Each word he spoke he'd take a step closer to me each step he took forward I took back until I was backed against the wall his face inches from mine even so I showed no signs that I was afraid. "How do I help him?" "By dying!" He laughed a little taking out a small knife before I could get a word out or even react I could feel it pierce through my stomach cutting through the bandages.

I was at a lost for words as black blood poured from my mouth "If you want to save your kitten you must die" I dropped to my knees letting Kira's body hit the floor "dammit look what you did he could've hit his head" I complained using my hand to put pressure on my wound. I tried standing but the doctor kicked making me fall over on my back groaning in pain. "It's not his decision if I kill you! No hard feelings I'm just following orders" He yelled getting on top of me he brought his arms up that disgusting smile spread across his face as he laughed then forcefully bringing his arms down stabbing me once more. My body reacted by coughing up blood that rested in my throat.

He did this multiple times laughing louder each time the knife cut through my skin. My body covered in black blood my eyes slowly closing I can't let myself lose. I grabbed his arms stopping him from bringing the knife down the look in his eyes is unforgettable "Why are you still alive!?" He screamed with pure anger. His breathing became unsteady his eyes widened as he brought the knife up for he thought would be the last time brought it down my hands grabbed his again, the knife inches from my neck. Kira laid in the center of the floor lifeless I couldn't stop staring at him. 

We had a battle of strength he'd push down but I'd push up until eventually, I had the upper hand. I pushed him off of me then slide away from him. The knife still in his hand I stood up but my body was so weak my legs shook almost giving out.  He walked towards me slowly I stood there unable to move my body was frozen in place I don't know why. Suddenly my body began to feel strange again like I didn't have control of it once more. "It's unfortunate I can't see you suffer but I can smell your blood" he stopped moving I fought the feeling that I felt rising in my blood, I refuse to lose myself.

"You must die, this is an order" He pulled out a syringe that held some kind of liquid I didn't see him move but I could feel him breathing on my neck my body froze along with my breathing. Next thing I knew I could feel a sharp pain in my neck and hear the doctor laughing. My body fell to the floor my eyes still wide open but unable to see numb, confused and dying what do I do now? What did he do to me? This is an unfortunate circumstance. 

I can't let my body be taken over, I don't want to be farther from human, I can't expect that fate.