Chapter Five

I couldn't put my picture up here so if you want to see it, look for my story on Quotev. Instead, here's a video of a beautiful (important) waterfall.

Italics is for the Na'vi language.

(Y/n) landed in the cold water, the only sound she was able to hear was the rushing of water. Pain went all the way down her back, making her gasp out in pain, water quickly entering her opened mouth. (Y/n) moved to swim to the surface, but one of her ankles were trapped between two big rocks. (Y/n) reached down to move the rocks and she managed to move the biggest one before her lungs began burning.

(Y/n)'s vision began to darken at the corners, but she kept her eyes open and continued to move the final rock from her ankle. She quickly began to swim towards the surface. As her head broke the surface, she quickly gasped a breath of much needed air. She looked around and she couldn't see Jake. She began to panic and looked up at where she and Jake jumped from and saw that it was a lot farther away than it was supposed to be. She tried swimming back towards the area, hoping to find Jake, but the current was so strong, it was pushing her back harder than she could swim. As the current was pushing her, she saw a heavy looking branch nearby and tried to grab a hold of it, but it wasn't sturdy enough and it fell into the water, sinking to the bottom because of its weight.

She heard the deafening noise of rushing water behind her and she turned around, her eyes widening. Right in front of her was a waterfall, not even five feet away. (Y/n) looked around to try and find something, anything, to help her get out of the water and away from the fall, but she found nothing and was being pushed too fast to swim away. But she still decided to try anyway. She turned around and used most of her strength in her arms and legs to try and beat the current, but, alas, it was to no avail and, before she knew it, she was falling backwards towards the water below, the harsh cold wind against her back bringing the pain from earlier back.

She couldn't right herself before she hit the water, her back getting the worst of the pain. The back of her head hit a rock under her, making white flash in her closed eyes. (Y/n) opened her eyes under the water and looked up and saw that the water she was in was deeper than the last one. She was at the bottom of the water, her back against the sharp rocks under her. She tried to swim to the surface, but with the searing pain in her back and head and all of her energy already used up from her struggle to get away from the fall, she couldn't get very far before darkness entered her vision once again. Her body began to feel light as she slowly lost conscious. Before she was entirely out, there was the muffled splash of someone diving into the water.

~Tsu'tey's P.O.V~ (Suffer~)

I was out hunting with a small group of my warriors in training when we heard the screech of a palulukan, making our pa'li stop in their tracks, becoming nervous. We calmed them down and we waited a while before we continued on with our hunt.

It wasn't long before we managed to get to a small clearing with trees surrounding us and a river stream nearby.

After riding for a while longer, I decided to let my warriors and their pa'li rest, having ridden most of the morning and afternoon. I stood next to my pa'li when I heard a gasp of air from behind me and thought it was one of my warriors having decided to go for a swim in the river. I turned around, about ready to scold them and drag them out of the rapid water when I stopped, frozen.

There, in the river that was about twelve steps away, struggling against the current, was someone I didn't expect to see again. Her hair was longer than I last saw it and she looked to have matured very well in the last four years. I examined her, mesmerized by her beauty. It was only then did I notice what kind of danger she was in when she went to grab an unsteady branch. I looked behind me, back at the warriors, noticing that they have seen her too.