chapter 15

"I. Um. I just went for a swim." I mumbled and walked pass her to get some dry clothes.

"We left because you said you were sleepy." She replied with a not-so-calm tone.

"I was, but I wasn't." I replied and forgot she was looking for a split second.
I took off my cropped top and jeans and looked for my towel. Then I sensed her looking at me so I quickly found a towel and wrapped it around me then looked at her.

"Tell me. What you did." She now demanded, struggling to be calm.

"No," I adjusted the towel but she looked at my exposed stomach for a second and stopped me from securing it around me.

She examined the light bruise left on it. Oh, I forgot he kicked me.
Then she looked at me in shock. Shit. Forgot that she could hear me.

I might as well just let her know what went down to get this over with. I secured my towel around my body once more then held hands with her; allowing the memories to play.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●○●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"So... it wasn't necessarily you," she asked cautiously- " It was Karla?" She finalized.

I narrowed my eyes at her. Really? I gotta teach her not to use that name

"Be careful Lo." I mumbled walking in to my bathroom, then turned on the focet for the tub to get filled.

I sat on the edge of the tub while she stood by the door.

"Camila, do you know.. what you caused? To your body?.." She asked thoughtfully.

"I satisfied it." I answered and she didn't even laugh. Not that it was funny, I just- nevermind.

"All your cravings, your hunger, will be stronger. Maybe even harder to manage." She broke it to me.

"What?" Now, I'm curious. "So, with all the strengths, comes cons?" I stated more than I meant to ask.

She slowly nodded. I turned off the pipe of the now filled tub and thought for a while. Oh my god. What have I done to myself?!

"I'm fucking stupid." I mumble to myself.

"That's what happens when you're infuriated. Wow. I'd just torture him," I stared at her slightly menacingly. "But of course, I know why you did what you did. And why you didn't wanna press charges." She finished.

"Yes." I replied playing with the water.

Gosh. It's been a long ass night.

"I'm gonna be waiting in your room." She reminded after a moment of silence then went.

I removed my towel and got into the tub.
Why didn't everything get better? I'm supposed to feel stress free right now. She's actually making me feel bad about doing what I did to him. But he deserved it.

I rubbed my stomach and wondered for a moment. Something didn't feel right about it. It was as flat as it could ever be, but it felt different.
It's not like I could track stuff. Vampires are just very fertile and don't have menstrual cycles.

I've been having mood swings , But then again it could be due to my trauma. I've been through a lot these last 3 months.
Now, throwing up most days. That's abnormal. I only do that when i eat starch. I haven't eaten such things for a while now.

I rippled the water as I kept thinking and analysing. I almost missed the timer going off at 11:45pm. I quickly cleaned off, wrapped my towel and walked into my room.