Chapter 18

1 WEEK LATER (CHRISTMAS EVE)

Mom went out to get more stuff for christmas dinner and new years dinner. Of course, my four closest friends were staying over and currently, we were watching a movie.
More than halfway into watching it, I began to get bored and went into the kitchen.

I began to play a game but paused when I felt a movement in my stomach.
God, why can't it or I, just die? I'm tired of it already.
I leaned off the counter and searched the fridge for a bottle of sprite.

Each time I took a sip, I thought of ways I could get rid of it.

If I drink lots of bottles of liquor, could it be killed?

Hm, it would be a problem. I've smelt rum on someone before; I hated it. I still do.

If this child does come out 13 weeks from now, (pregnancies for them is normally 20 weeks or less) it will be a small one.

I covered up the bottle and stared at the collection of different knives in the holder to my left. I moved closer to a medium sized sharp knife and carefully picked it out. Since I drank human blood the other night, my pain receptors don't work much. Maybe a slight sting could be the result of pain from a violent blow. I took the knife and slid it across my palm. It left a long cut, which bled for a second, then healed up quickly. 

When footsteps began towards the kitchen, I made the knife levitate behind me and took my phone into  my hands.

Normani strutted into the kitchen, texting someone.

    "Can I get some sodas?" She asked with a smile when she looked up from her phone.

I nodded and watched as she got them. Sigh, humans are so lucky in a lot of ways.

    "Watcha got behind you?" She asked.

I slightly turned while I made the knife stick behind my back for the moment being. "Nothing, see."

She narrowed her eyes at me playfully before walking out with drinks and texting. "Hurry if you wanna catch the rest of the movie."

I sighed softly and took the knife  from behind me while making the irrational decision to just stab my stomach.

I began by blocking out everyone else's thoughts and focused on breathing a bit. If I kill myself in the process, I honestly won't care.

I raised up the knife a bit before plunging it into me.
Sadly, it only came down an inch before someone pulled the knife away and slammed me onto the nearest wall. Of course it was Lauren. Anytime I need saving, whether I want it or not, she's there. Ugh.

    "What do you think you're doing?" She half shouted, holding my hands to the side in a tight grip.
Her eyes were a darker shade of green while mine were a grey hazel.
I heard footsteps quickly pacing towards the kitchen before I answered.

    "Isn't it obvious?!"

My blouse had a slight trail of blood from my now healed spot on my stomach.

    "I don't want, nor do I NEED a child. It's bad enough I got molested and I'm not human!" I yelled.

She slapped my face hard enough for me to end up looking left. I closed my eyes and felt a growl emerge from my throat. A mischievous smirk surfaced to my face but I quickly hid it from them. I opened my eyes once again to look at Lauren.

    "I'm going to get rid of it.  One way or another." I stated calmly.

    "And who says so?" She snapped.