Distant

Third Person Point of view

"Why do you always tell me to shut up?" Yamaguchi asked Tsukishima, after volleyball practice. "What do you mean?" Replied Tsukishima. "Well... every time I try to brag about how amazing you are, you always shoot it down by saying shut up to me, and I always say I'm sorry. What's wrong with me telling others how cool you are?" Yamaguchi questioned. Tsukishima didn't answer and instead speed walked farther from Yamaguchi. Then he began to run away. "WAIT! Where are you going? Was it something I said?!" Yamaguchi shouted in desperation. He began running after him.

Tsukishima didn't like it when Yamaguchi bragged about him because he feels that he isn't as amazing as Yamaguchi says that he is. Even though Tsukishima has an arrogant attitude and a condescending smile, he isn't that confident in himself. He feels as though he is inferior to his teammates, that he isn't "special". He only acts like that to keep him from completely breaking down. He feels that he just isn't good enough or amazing. And that he'll never live up to be that. Yamaguchi finally realized, and he allowed Tsukishima to run. "I'm gonna catch him tomorrow at school." He coughed out of breath, to himself. He was out of breath so he sat down at a bench on the side of the road. "I hope Tsukishima is okay." Yamaguchi sighed.