Shot

"Get in the car!" I screamed, holding the phone like my life depended on it. FaceTime calls lasted for a while before hanging up, and I had to make sure whoever called didn't know where we were.

I answered.

"Hello?"

"I've been hunting you forever, bitch," the only thing in he camera was a badly lit room, with shadowy figures lined up just out of the light. Amy and Cloudy looked over my shoulder as Jinx held Zoey's mouth to keep her from crying loud enough to be heard.

"Who is this?!" I questioned, staring into the phone and waiting for someone to show their stupid face. The voice was familiar— low, dark, and unpredictable.

"You've gotten on Triss' nerves for too long, and for that? You've gotten on mine," A man walked into view with cargo pants and a hood, dragging a wiggling sack behind him against the ground before he threw it in front of the camera. He pulled the sack down, revealing Luca's angry and yelling face. He was tied at the hands, and the sack wrapped around his legs.

"MARCUS!" I yelled, almost blowing his cover. I was so fucking heated. So ready to get my hands on the bitch who put his hands on my brother. Amy and Cloudy looked on, waiting for some clue to use as directions.

"Get your fucking hands off me!" Luca yelled while the shadowy figures held him up in front of the camera. The man with the hood turned on the light, revealing every Dragon in the room and their tattoos, including the two that attacked Jinx and I, and someone in the back that I couldn't see. He dropped his hood, and it was exactly who I thought...

"You see what happens when you cause trouble bitch? You see what happens when you kill people?" He punched Luca in the stomach, bringing him to his knees as he coughed and tried to regain his breath. They stood him up again. I gritted my teeth in frustration , and Zoey muffled a scream in Jinx's hands. "You get people killed."

"Amy, that's near the warehouse we went to," Cloudy whispered, "do you see it in the window?" She nodded, slowly and carefully whispering the directions to Auntie so she wouldn't be heard. "Keep him distracted Mix, we're letting everyone know," I fought every muscle in my body to not react. To not look around and let Max know of anyone else in the car.

"Why bring my brother into this?!" I screamed, "Why not settle it with me alone?"

Max laughed hard and crazily, lifting Luca's face to his. Luca made a face of disgust before he spit in Max's face. His defiance came from me, but now wasn't the fucking time. Max slapped him to the ground. "Fiesty little fuck aren't ya?"

"If you hurt him so help me—"

Auntie sped the car around the corner, where Cloudy's Wolves followed behind in an SUV and Jinx's Eagles watched from the rooftops. Their gangs were quick... thank God.

"We're coming up on it," Amy whispered, "Just a little more,"

"Me? I won't hurt him," Max cut in, pulling out a revolver from his cargo shorts. Luca's eyes widened in fear as he held the gun, walking over the  henchman that I couldn't see. "He will," pushing the guard to the front, his face became clear in the light. Amy's eyes nearly popped out of her head, and I screamed with bloodthirsty rage,

"TODD?!"

Todd glanced at the camera silently before he made eye contact with Luca. Luca's face... I can't explain how pale his mocha skin got while staring down the barrel of the gun, the fear that painted his eyes made this fucking unbearable.

Finally, Auntie pulled up to the warehouse, and we listened... listened for Max's loud voice to be our tracking device. It was either the rusted abandoned building on the left, or the collapsed condemned building on the right that seemed to have an open basement. Cloudy scanned the camera one more time before nodding with Jinx and sending their gangs at the buildings.

Todd breathed deeply before loading the revolver and spinning it. He placed it to Luca's head.

In that moment, time slowed. Every breath took a thousand years. I heard something break open, but I was frozen still, with that phone in my hand as I heard the cry. Two seconds felt like two hundred.

BANG.