Rejoice

I almost choked on my own spit— Max, the tormenting psycho on my sanity... is dead?

"W-who—"

Cloudy raised a finger to his lip, reminding me that every word I spoke came out as a wheeze. Amy's eyes trailed over to Jinx, who put his phone in his pocket and paused before he raises his finger.

"My Eagles got there before Cloudy's men, but they were too far to get a clean shot. They threw the gun at me just after Max stabbed you," he sighed, slightly rubbing my bandages along my hip. Auntie gripped my hand.

"With Max's death, Black Inc. has no protection. My organization has already been spreading their downfall, and now no one can be bought by them. Your popularity in the ring is helping, Mix."

I exhaled in relief. To hear that my crazy was paying off was almost euphoric. Finally, the tides were turning for the better. I attempted to stand, and pain shook my body so bad it felt like I was cold and shivering. I ignored it, though, and fought the pain all the way until I could grab my clothes.

"Where are you going?!" Monty cried in worry. I rolled my eyes and winced while I pulled my shirt over my body.

"To train... I definitely have to win once I get back to the Underground....I have the title now!"

Cloudy's eyes nearly popped out of his head, "Mixie, everyone thinks you're dead,"

A smirk crossed my face, "Exactly, do you know how much... publicity and support we'll get afterwards?"

They thought about my words before they gave a unanimous sigh in defeat. Unfortunately, my eyes only locked onto Zoey's, and she pulled at my heart.

"Zo," I whispered to her as I slowly got down to her level. She stared so blankly it seemed like she would never blink, "I'm going to make this right for you, okay? I know you miss Luca. I'm going... to dedicate my title to you two."

Finally, she closed her eyes, and ran into my arms. I ignored the shooting pain and embraced the love I'd thought I'd never feel from her again.

Auntie chimed in, squeezing my shoulder with her hand until her nails tickled my collarbone, "Fine, but if you're still so hell-bent on damn near killing yourself," reaching for her phone, she revealed a contact profile that made my jaw drop, "you're going to need her on your side."

"Robin?!"

"Of course,"

"Red Bull needs no partner!" My ego took over, but the thought of teaming up with Robin when she was so much more popular than me shook my nerves. EVERYONE knows the Pink Panther, and only a couple states know about Red Bull. Auntie rolled her eyes.

"Weren't you just trying to get her to be your mentor? Here's a good start," she smirked as she typed the number into my phone. "Now, at least get some more sleep at home before you go gallivant into more trouble,"

My face scrunched up in confusion, "G... gallivant?"

"Just go, Mixie!"

I loved getting on their nerves. It's what makes them love me, I'm sure.