Chapter 1

Andrea P.O.V.

I woke up in this unfamiliar room with dimmed lighting. I had a headache and my body was aching.  I looked around the room to find out where I was. I looked down at my arm and I saw iv's in it. I felt some cold air on my legs so I looked at what I was wearing. I was wearing a hospital gown. I was in a hospital but I don't know why. I sat up on the side of the hospital bed facing the door deep in thought. I was snapped outta my thoughts when the door opened.

"Hello Ms. Martinez, my name is Dr. Wilson,   how are you feeling ?" a tall brown skinned male doctor about 6''4 said

"Good,  why am I here? " I asked kinda scared of the answer

"You were injected with sleeping medicine and we wanted to make sure you were fine after all that's happened. "

Injected with sleeping medicine? All that's happened?  I thought to myself.  I need more answers.

"What you mean all that's happened? " I asked frowning because I don't remember shit..

"You don't remember anything? " Dr. Wilson asked curious

"If I did would I be asking you?" I said getting annoyed.  I just wanted a simple answer not that extra shit..

"You were on the scene of a crime and you hurt someone very badly. "

When he said that all my memories came back to me from earlier.

*flashback*

I was coming home from school on the bus and I saw police ,ambulance , fire fighters, and spot of people outside my apartment building.

I heard somebody say they had a body bag , that's when I pushed through the crowd telling people to get out the way. I saw Darrel looking at the body bag being placed in the back of the ambulance with no emotion on his face. He smirked at me when he saw me.

I blacked out and beat the fuck out of Darrel. I was pulled off of him by 3 officers then put into the back of a ambulance and stuck with a needle.

*flashback over*

Now I know why I'm here. smh. My facial expression turned to confused to pissed off to hurt.  I didn't know how to feel.

" Ms. Martinez are you ok? Do you have any more questions? "

"Yea, who was in the body bag? " I said choking over my words with tears that I didn't even know came out.

Dr. Wilson hesitated for a second. His facial expression changed from all calm to sad. I think I know the answer to my question…

"I'm very sorry for your loss… your mother was in that body bag. " he said looking into my eyes

My gut NEVER fails me. I sat on that hospital bed numb to everything. The only person I truly loved and cared about. my bestfriend .my rock. Was taken out of my life with a snap of a finger.