RULE;1

MENTAL: RULES TO SANITY

Rule #1: Never believe one's opinion, for it is only an opinion and everyone is entitled to have their own.

+++

"Oh Ara..." I held my breath as I heard his demonic voice come closer. "Here kitty~ kitty~" be strong Rey...be strong...
"Oh come sweety~ You need to take your pills, to get better..." My palms grew sweatier by the minute. He was so close, so near. The man was Dr. Yun, middle aged man. I have been his patient for 11 years now, ever since I had turned ten. In this mental hospital, FKI, Facility of knowledge and intelligence.

I had parents, a mother and a father, who loved me dearly as any parent would for their child. Until one night when they were murdered. The scene was traumatizing, that now, after 11 years, the scene is still very much fresh, as I relive that time every night. I never harmed anyone in my life, though it was tempting, I had never laid a finger on a person. But I just somehow was accused of my parent's death. While I was asleep in another room, my parents had died a brutal death. They were drugged, stabbed, and shot, I even clearly remember a shadow descend from their window as I had ran into their bedroom, hearing screams of fear.

I was not crazy. I was not what you called a 'sick' person. I was just an innocent kid, accused of my own parent's murder. Maybe. Maybe now I am crazy, maybe after spending all of my teenage years in this dungeon, filled with intoxicated people, maybe I had just lost the only sanity I had to live on for. They made me crazy, but I was never crazy to begin with.

I just wanted to see all the nurses, doctors, assistance to just suffer in my place, to relive what I had gone through. To feel the pain I never had deserved...but I can't...because I'm more human than they are. I will never become the monster they wanted.

"Ara~" I cringed at his sickening tone, I never even liked the way he called me. Ara wasn't even my real name, they just named me as if I were a pet dog, it was disgusting. My real name is Aliyah. Aliyah Hwang.

"Found you!" I felt my heart stop as he said those words, but when I had saw him on the other side of the room, throwing things all over the place, I had made a run for it. Don't fail me now legs! Run!

I ran through the halls, that had took me months to remember my way around. As I ran, memories came running at the speed I was at. Ones of when I had spent in the rooms I passed by, with the people that stood in shock for a second at me, and with the person I thought I could trust. "GET HER!"

My breaths became heavier as my feet started to pick up pace. My eyes roamed all over, unable to focus on one thing. Almost... breathe.... you'll make it...

"RUN FASTER! YOU USELESS FUCKS!!! SHE'S FUCKING GETTING AWAY!!!" I could hear Yun's voice scream from far away from me. You're going to make it...

When coming to the exit, it seemed like the steps to heaven, every step closer I came, I felt determination within me, my pride grew stronger, I was going to make it. A push to the metal, and the door flew off its hinges. Breathing the real air, I felt my body energize, as my steps quickened, it has been years since I had last took in the natural oxygen in the air. The last time I had seen the moon fill in the darkness with its empowering light. 

"ARA!!" My mouth curved upward, a smirk carved on my face, as I heard his voice faintly, indicating I was much far from his reach.

After an hour of running, I wheezed as I took breaths in. I was free. I sighed, and my legs gave out on me instantly, as I landed down on a fresh layer of green grass. I smiled to myself, still inhaling and exhaling harshly. "I made it."