You're

He drew in a deep, ragged breath before buckling his seat belt. It was unexpectedly frigid, Felix breaking out into a cold sweat. Though his best friend, Chris, sat next to him, he lay asleep. They were housed thousands of miles in the sky, the plane trembling. Felix kept telling himself, reassuring himself, that it's only a little turbulence. His friend wasn't worried, why should he be worried? 

   Despite all of Felix's best efforts to fall asleep, he sat with his body tensed and his hands clutched onto the arm rests 'till his knuckles turned white. The rattling of everyone's carry-ons set him on edge. He couldn't help the anxiety coursing through him. The harsh whispering from every direction gave Felix an ominous vibe, like a shadow was looming over him. 

   Suddenly, all the plane's struggling came to an unexpected stop by an eerily loud boom. Felix and his friend, as well as everything else on the plane, lurched forward.

   He snapped his head towards the window. Outside of the plane, angry grey clouds steadily passed them as the earth drew closer and closer to the dive-bombing vehicle. Panic shot through his body, finally realizing what was happening.

   They were crashing.

   Seconds later, darkness engulfed the plane cabin and oxygen masks tumbled from the ceiling. Felix was too frozen with fear to move, barely processing the other passengers' horrified screams.

    He felt light headed, the chaotic yelling piercing his ears and making his head pound. Although he was surrounded by noise, his closest friend, and multiple people, he felt secluded, isolated from everything. Going... Going... Gone. His vision went black.