『Chapter 2』

There have been some weird glitches reguarding this chapter being published... Hopefully everything is all good now.

Enjoy!

~~~~~

People say Junior year is always the hardest, most hectic year for a teenager.

They'd be right.

Even when our favorite teens are only halfway through the second week, it's already evident that they're struggling.

Their schoolwork has piled onto them like mountains, and if they want to get it done, they have to pull some all-nighters. But it doesn't make it any better when they have extracurricular activities running through their schedules. It automatically pushes their work back a few hours and the only time they have left is just before they're said to sleep.

None of the VK's ever remember having this much work when they were on the Isle. They remember their time there being laidback, and even when they transferred here, it wasn't as manic as this. However, every paradise has their flaws.

They just hope that this workload is only temporary.

Not that they're complaining, but they, along with everyone else in their class, would like to have their sleep back.

But...

It seems like Mal might have something to complain about. Things haven't exactly gone the way she hoped they would. Throughout the week and a half of the starting school year, she hasn't spent any time with Ben since the first day.

It's not like Mal is the kind of girlfriend who is considered to be the clingy type or even the jealous type, but she did hope to spend more time with Ben than she has now, which is considered to be minimal to none.

It's strange, however...

This is unlike Ben. He isn't distant or secretive at all, yet Mal knows nothing of what he's been doing. He hasn't made the time to be with her, not once. All he's done was run off to do whatever secret business he has. The good King who always tells his friends and family everything is now acting the exact opposite. It's like Ben has been trying to avoid everyone else for who knows what.

Mal has to get to the bottom of it.

Pondering at her thoughts, Mal taps her pencil against the cover of her black notebook. She didn't bother to listen, let alone write down whatever lecture the teacher was informing the class. Her own dilemma was taking up every space in her mind.

Suddenly, the school bell rings throughout the classroom, signaling the end of the period.

The loud sound forces Mal to snap back to reality. She drops the pencil on the center of the notebook, slams the book shut, and slides her contents into her bag, disregarding whether there would be a mess inside. She straps the satchel onto her, and following the rest of her classmates, she exits the classroom.

Fortunately, even when she felt alone without some company from Ben, Mal still has her friends to keep her company. No matter what class she has, she's bound to have a familiar face by her side. For example, in her recent class (Algebra), Jane and Jay were there as well.

But in her next class (English Literature), the only person she has to keep her company is Ben.

Who knows if she'll have any company at all or if she'll be deserted?