Chapter One: The Lord Yūgure Umidasu

"Go! Get her out of here!" A faint voice called. They sounded afraid, terrified even.

"B-But Lord Yūgure, it's too dangerous for you to stay. You must come too!" This one was lighter. It sounded more distressed, confused, dazed, "I will not go without you."

"Damnit, take Kai and go!"

Fire blazed through the sun village. Children and adults alike roamed the street villages with dirty and broken looks. Loved ones lay on the ground, blood pouring from their wounds. Those morning were on top of them, crying for the ones that were hurt or dead.

Warm, thin, and light arms wrapped around the 14 year old girls body. She was unconscious due to the smoke that entered into her lungs.

"Where should we go?" The woman held her firmly, but her arms shook with fear. The lord gritted his teeth, fighting off one of 'human snakes' clone, protecting his lover, as well as their daughter.

The Human Snake cut the side of the Lords cheek. He dodged just in time, preventing the blade from entering his skull, "Elise, just run!"

The woman closed her eyes, shaking her head, holding back the tears. She knew she had to be the one to stay alive for her daughter. For the Umidasu clan, "Forgive me, My love." With that, she turned on her heel and sprinted away from the scene, dodging the body's that were dead, lying on the ground. She pierced into the woods, leaving all that she had known behind.

Meanwhile, Lord Yūgure Umidasu continued to fight the clone with the ferocity of a dragon. He roared, finally puncturing the black haired monster inside of his stomach. The clone froze, disappearing immediately. Left behind was a pool of black liquid.

A menacing laughter echoed through his ears, surprising him. A course of shock went through his body, "My My, what do we have here?" The voice 'Tsked', "Just tell me where the princess is and I won't kill you, it's as simple as that." The lords eyes narrowed and he turned, "Orochimaru. It has been a very long time." Orochimaru appeared out of the smoke filled air. His eyes were shut tightly and his lips twirled into a creepy smile, "Oh, Yūgure, it has been. Now, where is Kai?" Yūgure shook his head, a chuckle escaping his blood soaked mouth, "I'd be damned if I gave her up like that." Orochimaru's eyes opened. He glared at his 'Old friend', "You aren't damned, you're just a fool." The snake king reached his hand inside his mouth, pulling out a large katana. Yūgure let his head fall. He knew facing the real Orochimaru would not be a fight. He would just tease him if the lord fought back. Yūgure Umidasu, gave up in surrender, accepting his fate. Orochimaru let out a sigh as the katana sliced, separating the lords head from his body. The snake let out a hiss with his pink tongue protruding out of his body. He lapped the blood on the sword and put it back in his throat. He spun on his foot, turning around, and leaving the village to blaze with fire. He popped the hood up on his black cloak, entering the way the Elise did.

His journey would begin to find the Mother and Daughter.