Daniel Norris & Mariah

"It's been way too long. I really need to know about him" I complained, yet again.

"Look, you can always pick up the phone and call" I heard Amy's voice from across the room.

"Remember that I already tried that" I said remembering how embarrassed I was at my failed attempt to talk to Daniel.

"Once" She shouted.

"Twice, actually" 

"It doesn't count if it was back to back" Amy managed to say as she was struggling with a piece of bread bigger than her face. She was little but she could eat!

"How is that even possible ?" I looked at her in shock.

"Is a rule!"

"I really want to see where these rules that you are always telling me about come from!" 

"Hey! don't shoot the messenger!"

"I can't stand him! how can he just come out of nowhere and turn my world upside down and walk out as fast as he came in!" 

"Hey!, it'll be okay!. He must have a good reason why he hasn't been in contact with you!" Amy wanted to comfort me and I really appreciated it but there are somethings that you just can't feel good about no matter the situation.

"Hey! at least you got to kiss him! I just got ignored by his teammate!" Amy  said getting up and walking towards the kitchen.

She kept saying that. I guess she doesn't know that it was the kiss. That damn kiss. The way he hold me ever so gently and how his hands didn't even make an attempt to  touch my body in a sexual way. The way his soft lips brush mine so gently. Slow and yet at a pace that left me addicted, wanting more and left me with this need of only feeling his lips on mine and just them. Nobody else's.

"Don't you have to go?" I asked Amy.

"Yes! press day! can't wait!"  

"I'm sure there will be surprises!" I tried to sound excited when in reality my heart was about to skip a beat. My lucky star kept telling me that he was coming back to Boston, but minor league baseball is so unpredictable.

"I love the fact that you make me no look at the official roster for about two moths but now you want to be such a cheerleader" Amy said in her usual sarcastic tone of voice.

"It was good for the both of us because if you had find out that William is coming you would be freaking out thinking how you would act" 

"That's not true! I'm over him"

"So you keep saying"

"Why can't you believe me?" She throw her hands in the air like she was mad but I could see it in her eyes. She wasn't sure either.

"Amy, I think that you should just go" That was the end of that conversation.

*********

Amy came back home. She was quiet. Way too quiet may I add.

"Any news?" I asked as I caught a glimpse of her  taking off her shoes in the front door.

"I'm not talking to you" She said looking at her shoes like they were the more interesting thing in the world.

"I'm getting things didn't turn out the way you wanted." I tried my luck knowing that if she was really mad she was about to go to sleep and leave me making up a whole movie in my head. Not a good thing by the way!

"If I was talking to you which I'm not-" She started. So I laughed. She gave me a hard look and I really tried to hold my laugh back. 

"I would tell you that you should trust me a little more" She said still not looking at me.