26 - "We got this, Wade. Don't you worry."

"We have a long day. Wake up." Dustin pushes Steve and I. "Also, since when have you two been dating?" He asks and I pull my eye mask off to see how Steve and I are laying. I'm pretty much completely on top of him, and he's got his arms wrapped tightly around me.

"We're not dating." We're both quick to say and I scramble off of him and to the kitchen.

"I've got a bunch of coffee made and I'm currently making breakfast." Sylvia says as I walk in. "Do you think you guys will need anything?"

"I have no idea." I say and pour myself a mug of coffee. "I've got to get dressed." I say and go back to my room, where Steve has a piece of paper and is scribbling down plans on it, while Dustin paces back and forth. "What's going on?"

"I'm making a plan." He says and I sit next to him, looking at what he's written.

"Now we sign it

"Now we sign it." Steve says, putting three x's on the bottom of the paper.

"Why?" Dustin asks, but takes the pen from his hand, putting his name after the second x.

"So that we know that no matter what, we'll do what we have to in order to make sure everything is fine."

"Whatever." I shrug and sign the paper.

/

/

"All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you probably knew was dangerous just to impress a girl who...who you just met?" Steve asks once Dustin finishes explaining why he kept Dart.

We're scattering raw meat around in the forest. It's not my favorite activity, and we all have a pair of yellow gloves on, because I was complaining about touching the meat.

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin shoots back.

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asks, looking at me, and I shrug.

"Hey. If he thought it would impress her, then maybe it would. It's not really my thing, but if you find the right girl, then maybe."

"See! They would find it cool because it's an interdimensional slug, and it's awesome."