~:Chapter One - Where It All Began:~

~*~

A young girl, who couldn't be any older than the age of 18, sat quietly on the park bench. She looked ahead of her, admiring the museum she had visited many times before. The air around her picked up slightly and she closed her eyes, letting the wind surround her body as it offered her feelings of peace.

A young boy, who looked to be around the same age, walked towards her and smiled as he saw her calm state. Not wanting to disturb her, he sat quietly on the seat beside her, waiting patiently for her to come out of her daze.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" she asked, smiling gently as she opened her eyes.

Nodding, he looked ahead at the museum, taking in the view of the golden memorials you had to walk past in order to reach the entrance. "It really is," he replied. "But..." he began, focusing his attention on the girl. "Could you tell me what happened in order for this museum to be built?"

She looked towards the boy as a smirk graced her face. "You mean you don't know about the shadow war?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow as he gave her a small shake of his head. "The war that occurred between the Gifted and the group who called themselves Ares?" she continued, the smirk never leaving her face. He laughed gently, continuing to shake his head from side to side.

"I know a little about what happened, but not everything."

She continued to smirk. "And you think I know everything?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow.

He shrugged. "I have a feeling..." he smiled as he diverted his attention back towards the museum. 

Chuckling lightly, the girl nodded as she looked towards the museum and then back towards the boy. Leaning over slightly, she placed her hand on top of his. He wasn't concerned about her actions as he himself turned his hand over and began to hold her hand gently, waiting for her to begin her story.

"It began 121 years ago... and ended 4 years later."

~*~

'Why did you let us die?'

"I offered you my help."

'You watched us all die.'

"I had no choice! I gave you all a chance!"

'You'll get what's coming to you, going against your own kind like you have.'

"I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE!" you screamed, sitting upright in bed, breathing heavily as beads of sweat rolled down your forehead. Looking around, you let out a relieved sigh as you realised that you were alone in your room. You brought your knees up to your chest. "It's just voices," you began to say to yourself. "They can't hurt you."

Running your fingers through your hair, you decided to gently lay yourself back down and stare up at the ceiling. Once you were relaxed, you pulled on the blankets so they were covering you and closed your eyes. You took in a deep breath before letting it out slowly, telling yourself that everything was fine.

Focused on your breathing, you almost fell asleep again before someone started knocking on your door, yelling obnoxiously as they did so. "~~~~~! Wake up, get up and get yourself ready, head to the main block when you're done!" Kadaj yelled. At the sound of his voice, you rolled your eyes and pulled the blankets over your head, wishing for him to go away. "NOW, ~~~~~!"

"Okay! Okay! I'm up!" you shouted, throwing the blankets off you as you sat up slowly.

"Are you rea-"

"YES! PISS OFF!" you exclaimed.

After a few moments of silence, you heard Kadaj abuse you under his breath before he stomped away. Happy that he left, you stretched before making your way to your wardrobe which consisted of two different outfits. Staring at the outfits for who knows how long, you decided to grab the outfit suited for battle.