Cups on Saucers

Warm scents of coffee and cake danced around in my nostrils as I opened the heavy wooden door to what I hoped would be a moment in time that I would remember forever.

Memorable? Definitely.

Stepping into the café had my adrenaline rocketing. I'd planned out the entire situation on the plane across. This was it. To the left of the inside of the door sat a vintage record player, twirling a Frank Sinatra vinyl crackling as it went. The various sounds of the creaky floorboards, cups on saucers and the angelic wobble of Sinatra's voice was enough to put my mind at ease... at least, for a few seconds. That's until my sight met a pair of pale green eyes looking up at me.

"Hello" she said "how can I he-"
"Lesley!" I interrupted, suddenly recognising the sweet face I'd known to love all these years.

"Tristan?" she asked, her accent intertwining in her words like silk ribbon, her eyes lit up like a fresh flame "Tristan, I can't believe you're here! I didn't think you'd actually come." She exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug and wrapping her arms around my middle. I slowly did the same. One hand carefully placed on her back and the other on the back of her head. For a few moments, we stood in silence breathing deeply, my chin nestled into her thick, curly blonde hair. Enjoying the peace of each others company.

"Hey, I know this is a bit of a forward question. But can I rent the apartment above. I have most of my belongings in this suitcase" I mumbled hesitantly, extending a finger at the large, bulged suitcase sat behind me looking quite sorry for itself. "The rest is on the way over"

She looked blankly at me for a few moments, then flashed a smirk "Of course!" she yelped, with an excited expression beaming from her glowing face. She was just how I had imagined.

"You know, as well as you being here, which let me tell you is still sinking in..." Lesley said through a dazzling grin, looking down the carpeted staircase at me, as we climbed, "I'm really glad you came to rent this apartment because there's this really creepy old man that's been emailing me for months about it, and I really wasn't prepared to give up all my hard work on this flat to some deranged elderly man. You get me?" she asked, looked back at me again with a frown that made her forehead crease into a funny shape, making me giggle as she unlocked the freshly painted front door to the apartment. "I'll give him a piece of my mind if he emails again, you 'ere me?" I bellowed in a weird , western country accent, holding my fists up to the imaginary figure before me. My cheeks instantly flushing from the utter embarrassment when she threw her head back and roared with laugher making her legs turn into jelly as she slid down the doorframe into a pile of giggles. She took my hand as I helped her up off of the floor, clutching our stomachs in painless agony.

"Oh you left something Ley," I shouted into the apartment. Picking up the folded piece of paper from the floor and opening it up instantly. My eyes wide with fear, I glanced back at Lesley who had just realised what I had picked up, hustling towards me at great pace

"Trist, I was gonna tell you I-"

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?"

-

-

-

-

Hey Guys, Hope here! I really hoped you liked this chapter. I'm beginning to make these chapters a lot longer now, so look forward to that!

This book is super close to 100 reads which is CRAZY to me! So thank you sooo much for that!

Next chapter should be up next week (if I can wait that long to update!)

Again thank you so much for the reads, votes and comments, it really means a lot. See you very soon.

Happy Reading :)