Chapter One

I closely examined every single letter, as I carefully read through the text I had just drafted. I told myself it could be better, but my lack of interest towards the given task was even bigger than the standard I was able to achieve. My mind was fully aware of how badly I was going to be told off by Mike, my tutor, when he read all the bad language I had made use of, but once again, the lack of interest was greater. So I forced my chunky skeleton on my bare feet and stumbled towards the office, a room which's amplitude amazes me every single time I walk inside.

"Mike?", I hissed. There wasn't an immediate response, however, familiar humming did invade my ears a few seconds afterwards, followed by a tough hand on my shoulder which pulled me sideways.

"Here you are", Mike's droopy tone declared, his head tilting side ways in a creepy manner. I shivered.

"Here I am", My recurrent uninterested pitch remarked, as I handed over the diary. He asked me if I had started it, I nodded, and consequently, he slipped it in his pocket.

"Now, I've got to talk to you 'bout something", He pointed at a chair and I assumed he meant for me to sit on it, and I did so. Mike nodded. "Do you remember the buddy project?"

"Sure".

The buddy project is this weird thing where people who have been here for more than six months can "buddy" (help with probs, show around kinda thing), new people.

"Perfect", he continued "Well, this old boyband called One Dimension or something like that are coming in...", That name rang a bell, but I would have sworn it wasn't that way. Anyhow, I signaled for him to proceed. "...Would you like to buddy one of them? It's a suggestion, you can take it back if you want to".

"No no, it's a good idea actually", I admited with pleasure.

Our conversation finished with smiles, and me turning around and heading back towards my bedroom.