Aptitude test

Noelle's pov

Today was the day that I took my aptitude test. The day that the test would tell me what faction I belonged to. But me and my sister both knew what I was going to get. I always belonged to Dauntless.

"Hurry and get ready sis you don't want to be late." Militia shouted from down stairs.

"Hold on, I still need to get dressed you slave driver", I shouted back while going through my clothes. Once  dressed in my tight black skinny jeans I put on a black tank top with a leather jacket over it.

"Noelle get your ass down stairs right now" Militia shouted getting irritated that I might be late.

"I'm coming, god damn" I muttered under my breath so my sister wouldn't here. We usually don't argue like this but we both got up later this morning realizing that today was the aptitude test.

As I hurried down stairs seeing my sister in her black leggings and a gray long sleeve.

"Are you going to ride the train with me?" I asked letting her get away from our abusive father.

"Sure any chance I get I'm leaving this hell hole" as my sister said this I smirked knowing in two days I wouldn't be in this hell hole either. As I laced up my black Nikes my sister was putting on her combat boots. "So where's Ian" I said referring to our father.

"Out"

"Out where"

"Why do you want to know at least he's not here"

"Good let's hope it stays that way" as I said this Ian came through the door drunk as hell. "Where do y'all think your going"  he asked pointing his almost empty bottle of beer at us.

"Today's Noelle's aptitude test Ian and I'm going with her if you got a problem I'll have no trouble kicking your ass"  Militia angerly snapped I soon came to realize that we have to catch the train and if we didn't we would have to walk and I really did not want to walk there. "Mish we have to go before we missed the train" I said trying to calm her down by using her Nick name." Yea your right let's go we won't have to deal with this asshole here in a few days"

As we rushed out the door and down to the tracks I heard the train coming. "You ready" I heard my sister say " please I can do this with my eyes closed" I said Militia laughed.

The train was coming and we started running as it went past us we grabbed the handle and jumped in.

As we jumped off the train with a few other dauntless born everyone that was entering the building was looking at us in awe." Come on let's get this hell over with" I said to my sister. As we got to the door Militia stopped and looked at me." I can't go in I finished this shit so I'll see you later Elle." "Sounds good see you later Mish" I said this and she gave me a hug "  I love you Elle good luck" as I hugged her back I said " love you to" and with that she got on the train and went back to the dauntless compound to get ready for initiation in a few days.

I was sitting in the room waiting to get called when the girl came out and called my name. As I walked in the room I noticed who it was " Tori" I questioned she looked at me " oh your Ian Winters daughter if I'm correct" she said looking at the computer screen " yes ma'am I'm Noelle" I said so she wouldn't call me Ian's daughter." Awe yes and Militia is your sister she was top of her initiation class" Tori said getting the test ready. " Yea she told me all about the beginning of initiation but she said she couldn't tell me about the second part though I don't know why" I said sitting down in the metal chair in the middle of the room. "Drink this" she said handing me a shot glass of clear liquid " what is it" I asked looking at what I was holding. " Can't say just trust me okay" as she said this I just shrugged my shoulders and drank all the liquid after that everything went black.

As I awoke a voice told me to choose as I looked behind me I saw two stands one with cheese the other with a knife " why do I have to choose" "just choose NOW" the voice said " no why do I have to choose" I asked getting irritated " wrong choice" as the voice said this the items on the stands disappeared I turned around to see a growling dog as I remember what my sister read me about dogs when I was little after my mom died. I sat on my legs put my arms on my lap and let the dog come at me. As soon as I heard a dog whimpering I opened my eyes to see a dog sitting on the floor then I heard a young girl behind me say "doggy" I looked at the abnegation girl then the dog went after her and I started running and tackled the dog so it wouldn't get the girl. But when I opened my eyes to see that I was on a train with a factionless man who asked me if I saw a man in the news paper he showed me and I did recognize him " yes I've seen that man before" I said with a seconds hesitation " really where is he if you tell me you could save my life" he said grabbing my arm I slowly slide my hand out of his grasp " I don't know where he is I've just seen him before" and with those words I woke up in the room but Tori wasn't there.

As she came in she went straight to the computer

"What were my test results"

"They were...... Inconclusive"

"What does that mean"

" Look you can't tell anyone about this you belong to all the factions they call people like you Divergent, don't tell you father, your sister or anyone got it I put in dauntless manually so if people ask you say you got dauntless" she said all this while shoving me out the door but before she shut it she said " go home tell your father you got sick and I sent you home early got it" I shook my head yes still shocked on what she was telling me "good luck Noelle" and with that she closed the door.

I decided to walk home since I didn't want to go home if Militia wasn't there I didn't feel like getting hit with the belt so I just walked. When I got home it was dark and no one was home so I went to bed trying to forget what had happened today with Tori and my aptitude test knowing tommorow was the choosing ceremony and the start of my initiation.