The Party

Eric's pov

As I opened my apartment I felt a feeling I hated... Being alone. But by now I was used to it. No one trusted me. I went to my room to get ready for the party I put on a pair of cargo pants and a black sleeveless shirt then I slicked back my hair. I still had an hour till the party so I decided I would go to Fours even though we weren't on the best terms.

As I was at Fours apartment I was nervous he was gonna kick me away like everyone else did. When I knocked on the door no one answered at first but then it opened.

To my surprise Militia opened the door she was in a small tight black dress you that could three little birds on her chest  with a pair of matching combat boots that had sliver spikes it looked very dauntless

" What do you want Eric" she slightly snapped at me I could hear the hatred in her voice it was like venom flowing through my veins the pain of distrust

" Nothing I was just making sure Four was ready what are you doing here" I asked making her blush as Four came up behind her placing a hand on her hip pulling her closer to him and away from the door

" I'm ready Eric but is something bugging you" Four asked I just stayed silent and walked towards the Pit

When I got to the Pit I saw Lily and Noelle with a beer both laughing I sat next to Noelle and instaly notice her stiffen up soon Four and Militia came and did some challenge on who could do more shots Noelle and Lily were cheering for Militia before Four and Militia headed out to the center of the crowd of dancing dauntless

Uriah came up and asked Lily for a dance she nervously glanced at me before accepting the Uriah's invitation leaving me and Noelle alone I got another beer and started drinking I could feel my worries washing away I was officially tipsy.

As me and Noelle got a lot more tipsy I was courious on why she said her dad was a prick, I normally wouldn't ask stuff like this but I drank more then I probably should have. "So earlier today I was wondering why you said your father was a prick" I asked taking a few sips of my beer. "Well you know my mom died when me and Militia was younger since then he would beat me and Militia till we stopped screaming and he drank a lot more and slept with multiple woman so yeah he was quit a douchebag." She said finishing her beer "but Militia did try to protect me but he would just beat her more" I was shocked on what she said but if she was opening up so would i. "Well since I got to dauntless a year ago no one liked me or trusted me I was so alone and I still am. Have you ever went home after a long day of work and had no one to talk to or to love at the end of the day"

A saddened expression appered across her face " even though Militia tries her hardest I still feel lonely at times ever since mom passed away" she said

" I'm sorry" I said placing a hand on top of hers " I trust you Eric your not all bad" she said giving me a shy smile I started leaning in without even thinking she started leaning in to to my surprise we were a few inches away from kissing when Lilly grabbed her arm and pulled her in the middle of the pit to dance with her.

I went back to my apartment knowing I needed sleep for training tomorrow but once I got in bed I couldn't help but think of her....

Authors note
I'm sorry for the short chapter I've just been really busy lately with grades and band along with sports I promise I'll make the next chapter longer

Love y'all
                   - N