Prologue

Prologue

A cool breeze rushed pasted me as I lounged about underneath a big oak tree. I can't believe mommy made my come along on my little sister's play date with this one guy. I could be at home drawing but instead I'm stuck out here at the park when it's hot out. Mommy doesn't think I should still be coloring when I'm in my third year of elementary. But who cares, that's a stupid rule.

Iscan the playground out of boredom. Then my eyes land on my little sister Gracie holding hands with a boy. Grrr.... No boy has the right to touch my sister like that she's only in her second year of elementary. I stomp over to them. I see that the boy has Light blonde hair and light blue eyes that put the sky's own color to shame.

"Don't touch my sister like that, you have no right." I say calmly with a sharp edge to it.

"But Lizzy, he does." Gracie pleads.

"How does he then Gracie?" I demand.

"We'll he's my ..... Boyfriend." She whispers.

"Your what!?!?!?!" I shout.

"He's my boyfriend, okay Lizzy." Then Gracie turns her back on me and says to the boy ,

"Come on Sky, lets go." Then they run of and leave me standing in the sand alone, for the first and definently not the last time.

***

I lay huddled in my blue blankets in my bed. Today was the first time Gracie ever treated me coldly. It's all that stupid boy's fault that she was mean. I hate him for that. A tear falls down my cheek. Gracie doesn't like me now. Who's going to love me? I try to hold back the rest of the tears that are threatening to spill. But then a distraction comes knocking.

My sister softly knocks on my door and slowly opens it. I quickly wipe away any unnoticed tears and turn around to see my sister crying. I motion for her to come here. I lift the covers for her and she slips into the warm space. I drop the sheets, letting them float down, and hug my sister tight.

"Gracie what's wrong?" I ask softly as I wipe away her tears.

"Sky..." She sniffles.

"What about Sky? Did he hurt you or something? Because if so...." I say angrily .

"He... He.... He broke up with me." Then that's when she starts crying again .

"Shhh...Shhh... Don't cry Gracie, he's not worth it." I say as I hug her tighter. As I drifted off to sleep I made a silent promise.

Gracie I swear to you I will make him pay for hurting you.