The Best to my Friend

Chapter 2: The Best to my Friend

Luke walked around the front of my car and opened the passenger's door. Shot-gun was Luke's seat -- it practically has his name. He always sits there no matter what.

"Long time no see, what? wasn't the last time I saw you was like last night." I ask with a huge grin plastered to my face.

"I know right, I can't believe it been so long Liz." He says -- sarcasim dripping off every word. He throughs his backpack in and it lands with a heavy thud on the car floor. Then he slides in and shuts the door and buckles up.

"What is in you backpack thats so heavy? and it's not textbooks I know that." I ask.

"Haha your so funny, Liz, but as a matter of fact it is textbooks because unlike you I do my homework." He says with a stab at my spirit.

"You know how bad my memory is maybe the next thing I forget might not just be my homework." I threatened

"Oh really well then I won't be helping you on your homework then if your memory is going to fade." He laughs.

"Touche." I grin at him and playfully punch him in the arm.

"Will you too stop flirting, we still have to make it too school before I graduate." Gracie scoffs.

"We are not flirting, were just really close thats all." I defend.

"...Yeah Gracie, Liz is right." Luke says as he turns away and looks out the window. I start the engine up again and pull out of the drive way.

"Thanks, Luke." I turn right and start going the same route we usually take to get to school.

"Finally, its about time." Gracie sighs. I just roll my eyes at her. Then shoot a smile Luke's way.

***

I started scouring the school parking lot -- looking for a miracle. The lot was absolutly filled to the prim. Crap... Looks like I'm going to have to park in the grass.

"Guys you better hold on." I say as I shifted gears. I steer the car until it's facing the the small grass hill.

"You wouldn't would you?" Gracie says hysterically.

"Of course she would Gracie." Luke says blandly as he reaches up to hold the car safety handle.

"Ready?' I ask a grin contorting my face

"Noooo!!!!!" Gracie screams as I speed up and the hill gets nearer and nearer.

"Whooh Who!!" I scream as we hit the jump and go flying.