six

Seven ran after the intruder, leaving Zero along with Dr

Seven ran after the intruder, leaving Zero along with Dr. Park.

"Stay here," she ordered.

She could hear Zero's echoing footsteps close behind her. He disobeyed her order. She clicked her tongue once again. He was stupid for leaving Dr. Park alone. Dr. Park was a capable woman, but they couldn't risk losing her.

The intruder made a sharp turn on a corner and Seven's feet slid across the floor as she forced herself to stop and slow down. Her shoulder grazed the wall as she made a stop and sprinted after the intruder.

Two female Blue Wings were waiting for Seven when she tried to follow after the intruder. Seven looked over them to see the intruder making his escape. The intruder glanced back at Seven and chuckled to himself before disappearing.

Seven got in a ready stance to take down the Blue Wings, but Zero showed up next to her.

"You deliberately disobeyed by order," she said.

He sighed through his nose. "At least I'm here to help."

Seven glanced at Zero. "I don't need your help, but I'll take it anyway."

The two lunged for each Blue Wing at the same time, their moves synchronizing. Seven kicked the Blue Wing's knee and it broke with a sickening crunch. She grabbed the Blue Wing's head and slammed it on the floor. She was knocked unconscious.

Seven huffed, looking over to see that Zero already knocked out his fighter. "I don't care what the others say, but I think we're the best duo."

Zero's mouth twitched upwards. "Good job."

The comms turned back on, Nine's voice echoing in their ears.

"Zero, Seven. I'm sure you've noticed by now, but most of the building has been infiltrated by KAIROS."

"I'm glad you're okay, Nine. How did they get in? Are there any injuries?" Seven asked, getting straight to the point.

"The roof. It seems like they arrived via airship. And Four got shot."

"Is Hyung...?" Zero trailed off.

"He'll be fine. Dr. Park has him now."

"I'm relieved, but what can we do to help?" Zero asked.

"Head for the roof and—"

The intercom suddenly screeched. Seven flinched and touched her finger to her earpiece.

"They've taken down the network," Zero informed.

"Let's just head for the roof."