.Flame // 2

RAIN ON MY SOUL

_________________________

O2. (Present)

I made no pause shoving past my dad again trying to rush out of the house. I heard his call about 20 minutes ago. If I didn't get to him quickly he'd be caught in the middle of a violent storm without any help.

"YOU WILL NOT LEAVE THIS HOUSE!" My father roared at me for the third time, I ignored his harsh yelling.

"I have to go now. He's fading and I don't have much time." I said through clenched teeth hoping he'd move out of the way.

I didn't have time for his attitude right now. I made a move to the door but my father grabbed me with force slamming me back against the wall causing a hung rusted nail to pierce into my shoulder. I didn't give him the satisfaction of even seeing the pain he caused. The wound would soon heal itself anyway.

"Leave Rain to his death. If you leave this house Flame, don't come back." I could tell he was serious by the way his tone changed. I really didn't care either way because no matter what, I was going to save him.

"But he's your son. Don't you care anymore?" The nail ripped through my flesh as he let me go. His expression cold and distant.

"He's not my son, he's my sin." I pitied my father for that.

"Then for your sake you better hope I can get to him in time, have faith that hell may have some mercy for your sin." I spat at him. He watched as my body went from solid to transparent and then dissolved into thin air.

I was frustrated I hadn't found him yet. It was pouring down raining, and because Rain's heart beat was fading it was taking too long to find him. While I rushed to focus my mind to connect with his, I still kept ending up where he wasn't. I was getting scared that this was the end and soon my spirit would be lost with his. Soaked and feeling useless I tried once again, this time focusing on every part of his essence.

My eyes begin to burn a bright blue now as I concentrated all my power on him. His scent first, the beating of his fading heart, the strength of his determination, the will of his evil demon, and the source of his power. I closed my eyes for a second letting the gift of teleportation guide me once again, I opened my eyes when I felt his presence finally surround me.

"Rain?" I called out, his answer was nothing more than an utterance of pain.

I found him deep in the ground next to an abandoned car, lying on the ground soaked and bleeding. I kneeled down taking him into my lap cradling his head into my arm. He looked so tired and cold. It was easy to tell he had been here for awhile. How he was hidden, anyone that came across him would have never noticed him.

"Tell me where it hurts so I can heal you." At my voice he opened his eyes showing the pure black orbs taking over the entire eye like my bright blue ones were doing now.

"Flame?" He said reaching his weak hand out to touch my wet hair letting it slide through his trembling fingers.

"Yes, Rain I'm afraid I'll have to do a full healing ritual. You're too weak. It's scaring me how fast your heart is fading. I know you'd never forgive me if I let you die big brother." Rain tried to move away from me but I wouldn't allow him.

"F-flame, n-no no." I covered him with my jacket and looked around me to see if this spot was really deserted. I moved his wet hair out of his face.

"Yes. I'll try and be quick. Hang on." It's been awhile since I've had to perform a full healing ritual, but I think I remember how to do it.

I closed my eyes, relaxed my body and cleared my mind. Hopefully no one would come along, not only would they freak out but me and Rain would be at our most vulnerable if I didn't finish once I've started.