Chapter 1

The year is 1972, and Jane was in her apartment, on the phone, in the living room. She was holding onto a picture.
"Yes, yes, I got it. Don't worry I'll get it to you. You have the money? Good, good, yeah, don't worry, you'll get it, on time, yeah, don't worry, O.K., yes, bye."
She hung up the phone, sighed and looked at the picture.
Kate, Columbo's wife, walked in, behind her, from the kitchen. She had her suitcase with her. She said, "You ready?"
"Yeah."
At the other end of the line there are two men. The oldest had brown hair, he was in his early thirties. The other man was younger, also had brown hair and in his late twenties.
"Let's hope the plan works." said the oldest, grabbing a gun.

It's evening, about 4:32 P.M., PST, (Pacific Standard Time) at the LA Police Department. Columbo, a man in his thirties, dark brown, curly hair, with brown eyes, wore a beige rumpled raimcoat, over his suit and tie, has just solved another case. They're bringing in a man who killed two people. They locked him up.
"Well, another case solved." said Columbo, he was walking with another police officer.
"Hey, how's your wife?" said the officer.
"Oh, she's fine, she's on vacation in Florida."
"Where?"
"Miami."
"Alone?"
"Oh, no, she's with her friend, she said her name was, uh, Jane Thomas, in fact it was her idea to do this trip."
"And they didn't invite you?"
"No, she didn't have enough money for me to go, although, I could of gone, I mean, I could of paid for myself, but I didn't want to intrude on this. I do miss her, though, I think I'll give her a call tonight." Columbo said, smiling.

In Florida, it was a rainy day. A couple of men are walking inside a hotel. It was the same men who called Jane. The two of them checked themselves in the hotel, with their bags. They got the keys to their room and went into the elevator. That was where Mrs. Columbo, or Kate, as she is called, and, her friend, Jane was. They came out as they went in. Mrs. Columbo had black, long, straight hair, with brown eyes.
She was with her friend Jane, a woman with blond, medium, wavy, hair, with green eyes.
"Kate, look." Said Jane to Mrs. Columbo, a woman came in with her baby, as the elevator doors closed.
The two men got to their rooms, opened the door, then, went in.
They set their bags next to the door.
"Do you think she'll come?" Said the youngest
"She'll come and she better bring it."
The oldest grabbed a gun out of his bag. "If she doesn't she's dead," he looked at a clock on the wall, it was 9:02 P.M., EST, (Eastern Standard Time) He said, "She's got one hour."

Back where Mrs. Columbo and her friend is, they were swimming in the hotel pool. When they finally came out of the pool, they dried themselves off.
"That was fun." said Jane
"Oh, yeah." Kate said, with a smile.
Jane saw a clock on the wall, it said 9:37.
"I guess it's getting late."
"Yeah."
They headed up to their rooms and got their showers and dressed for bed.
Jane wore white pajamas and a light pink robe and Kate wore blue pajamas, they both had a button up shirt.
It was 9:53 and Jane put on her light grey silk slippers and started heading to the door.
"Hey, where are you going?" asked Kate
"Oh, I think I forgot something at the pool, I'll be back." She said, smiling.
She rushed out the door and something dropped out of her pocket. Kate walked over to see what it was. It was a photograph of the two men, that went onto the elevator, as they came off. The picture showed the two men pointing a gun at a man, who looked helpless. She took the picture and dicided to follow her. She tried to be quiet as she followed her.
Kate watched as Jane came up to a room, she knocked on the door. There were the two men, standing in front of her. It was the men from the elevator. The oldest signaled her to come in. As she walked in there they started to shut the door, but Kate caught the door before it closed. She opened the door and watched.
"Do you have the picture?" Said the oldest
"Yes, I have it, do you have the money?" Jane said, she didn't look happy
"Yes, Give me the picture."
She started to put her hand in the pocket of robe she's wearing. She checked both pockets and started to panic.
"What's wrong?" Asked the youngest, smiling "Can't find it?" He asked
The oldest frowned and grabbed the gun off the bed.
"No, I can't find it," she said, she looked worried, "You know you're not going to get away with this, someone's bound to find that you-"
"What? Killed a guy?" He scoffed "We've killed a few, before and we're not afraid to kill you."
He pointed the gun at her and the gunshot went off, Kate screamed.
They looked at her, they looked furious. They started to run to her, then, she started to run, then, began to outrun them, but, by the the time she got to the elevator, the oldest grabbed her and put a handkerchief over her nose, she collapsed into his arms and the picture fell from her hand, onto the floor. The youngest picked up the picture, then, they heard footsteps coming from around the corner, so, they ran fire escape stairs. Before the door closed they heard a woman scream.