Hope

This isn't exactly a horror short, but oh well. I have fun writing these little things, so pls comment any suggestions! Check out my other story (much longer chapters!) 5 Reasons Why Life Sucks guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope: A light at the end of the tunnel. Faith that there's something better right around the next corner.

Fear: Reality.

Hope is something humanity has tried to have since the time of Pandora's Box, but fear has always been there. It's the niggling voice at the back of your head. It's everything foul. It's reality.

Hope is our name for ignorance and naivety. Hope is something few have, and those few are the people who don't want to face reality.

Fear is the reality.

We turn away from fear, and rightly so.

It's dark.

Bold.

Misunderstood.

Hated.

It's fear.

We need fear. It teaches us that reality has no space or hope.

We walk towards hope like a giddy child, so we act as such.

We start ignoring all of the evil and all of the darkness and all of reality.

Hope is our soft blanket, whereas Fear is the icy wind.

Hope is craved, whereas Fear is ignored.

Hope is accepted, whereas Fear isn't even looked in the eye.

Hope is sparse, whereas Fear is plentiful.

We are too scared of Fear to fight, so we take the easiest, most travelled route and Hope that someone else will fix it so we don't have to.

Fear is reality.

Our Reality.