Chapter 6- Them Three Simple Words

They soon reached Marinette's house. "Okay Chat. What was that all about!?"

"He had the damn nerve to kiss you in front of me!"

"Chat..." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "You know you're my one and only so stop being jealous already!"

"Wah... I am not jealous! Just protective over my Princess. I don't like it when you're with other boys." He put his hands on her waist and lent down until their noses slightly brush against each other, making Marinette think he was going for a kiss. "Besides, would you like it if I hung out with another girl?"

Uhm... I don't want to test that theory."

"I thought so. You're jealous just by the thought of that, Princess."

"Am not!"

"Whatever gets you to sleep at night."

"Marinette!" Shouted her mum. "Can I come in?"

"Chat, quickly hide in the bathroom!" He obeyed his princess' request and closed the door behind him. "Hi mum. You needed me?"

"I just came in to say goodnight."

"Goodnight?" She looked out the window and realised it was already dark. "Umm... I mean... Goodnight!" Then she shut the door. Phew.

"Well Purrincess," announced Chat, opening the bathroom door. "It is far too late for me to go home now. I think I should stay here."

She giggled. "Come on, Kitty." They climbed into bed and Mari rested her head against Chat's chest. "Princess?"

"Mhmm?"

"I love you."

She hesitated. She never heard Chat say them three simple words to her before but she came around a finally said: "I... love you too." The cat smiled wider than he generally did. "Really, Princess? You've made me the happiest man on this earth," he exclaimed. Then he looked down and realised she was already fast asleep. He kissed her forehead. "Goodnight, my beautiful princess."

End of Chapter 6