Bloylalaloo

Maya's POV

Just another normal day. Another completely normal Saturday, hanging out with Riley in her room. Completely. Normal. Music playing in the background, Riley talking about unicorns and rainbows and butterflies, me drawing the scene in my sketchpad. 

Except I'm not drawing much because I'm just staring at Riley.

Riley is perfect. Her long brown hair lays in soft waves. From across the room I can smell the sweet smell of her honey perfume. She's wearing such a simple but somehow amazingly gorgeous outfit. Some blue jeans with diamond stitching and a simple white crop top with the Eiffel Tower on it. She's absolutely stunning.

Shit. I'm in love with her.

I'm in love with Riley Matthews.

"Maya?" The sound of her angelic voice snaps me out of it as I shake my head slightly.

"Yeah Honey?"

"Were you even listening to me?" Honestly, no. I wasn't listening to her. She was probably rambling about Ranger Rick Huckleberry Sundance Friar.

"No. I got lost. What were you talking about?" I take a drink of my water.

"I think Farkle might be gay." I immediately spit out my water.

"What?!"

"Yeah. Farkle said that when Lucas was trying to pick between us, that Lucas asked Farkle and Zay for help. So they did the jelly bean scale test thingy. And Farkle went on explaining to me that he told Lucas he should pick the girl that made him feel all 'bloylalaloo' and that would be the girl for him.... Then Farkle told me he felt 'bloylalaloo' around Lucas. So, in conclusion, I think Farkle is gay."

"Bloylalaloo, huh? Is that what it's supposed feel like when you're in love with someone?"

"According to good ol' Dr. Turtleneck!"

"Huh." Come on Maya! You're in love with her! "I wonder if Lucas feels the same?"

"OOoOHHHHH MAYA YOU'RE A GENIUS!" Riley yells. " That's why Lucas can't pick between us! He's all bloylalaloo for Farkle!"

"bloylalaloo..." I whisper quickly.

"What was that Peachie?"

"Nothing. I was just saying you were probably right."

"I would have never come to that conclusion had you not said maybe Lucas feels the same!" She darts around the room on her perfectly long yet clumsy legs, tripping and landing on top of me on the floor.

"Bloylalaloo." I say it so faintly that you can barely hear it.

"Maya, what was that?"

"Nothing. Nothing. Now will you get off of me? I really should be going home." She looks down at me with an impish grin. An evil smirk one might call it. 

"You can leave when you tell me what you just said. I'll get off of you after you tell me." Damn. Why did I have to rub off on her so well?

"Bloylalaloo!"

"For who?"

"For you. Riley. It's always been you. I think I know that now. I don't want Farkle or Zay or Lucas. I don't love Lucas. I love you. I'm in love with you. And you'll never love me the same way!" I turn my face away, tears in my eyes.

"Maya." She reaches to my face and makes me look at her. "Bloylalaloo." Riley, my perfect Riley, wipes away my tears. "I love you too Maya. In the same way you love me. I love Lucas. I do, but only as a brother. I love you. I'm in love with you. So please my troublemaker princess, please. Don't cry anymore." She slowly leans down, continuing to caress my cheek where she was wiping tears away. I find myself leaning up and closing my eyes. Slowly our lips collide and there aren't any fireworks.

Because fireworks can't describe what it's like to finally feel whole for the first time. Fireworks is not equivalent to electricity coursing through your veins.

The kiss only lasts a few seconds before she pulls away, but then I feel broken again. I pull her back into another kiss. I feel whole once more. I know this is cliche coming from the girl who claims hope is for suckers, but Riley completes me.

A/N

Shout out to @MusicSpirit19 for the request. I hope I did you justice. I hope you like it!