Finn to Millie

Literally had to search up slang from the 30's for this. Slang word of the day: Heater - a gun
Now ya educated
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

February 12th, 1931
Day 7 without you.
Its been a week since i left, a week since i saw you're beautiful face.

Honey, honey, dearest,

      My day was devastating up till right now, only so because i have the privilege of writing to you, it fills my heart up. Oh how i miss you, sweetheart. The other troops and i have just arrived at the war site, and i am petrified with fear. They handed us each a heater, i didn't even know how to hold it. They expect me to shoot other people with this thing? I don't have it in me to pull the trigger. It made me realize that i knew nothing about war. I never asked for this, we never asked for this. Remember the day i first got the letter? I had never seen you cry so much. It broke by heart, babydoll. But please do not worry, it'll be over before we know it, and when i come back to you, we  can get our own little home, just you and me. Won't that be nice Mills? How are you feeling sweetheart? How is everyone?  Seven days is too long, and if i am missing you this much already, the rest of my time here will be torture. I find myself thinking of you all the time, of your sweet lips and  beautiful smile. I fear that i may not be able to respond to you soon because we start tommorow. And though i cannot tell you where i am, just know that i love you. I really love you.

                                - Finn