Chapter 8

"How? How, how, how, how, how," Connor said pacing the floor.

"We both know how it happened we just don't know how it happened," I said trying to calm him down unsuccessfully.

"Exactly. We didn't break any condoms, we were always protected...."

I sighed.

"Does it matter? Look if it bothers you this much I'll take care of it. Don't worry about it okay."

He stopped pacing as I rubbed his back.

"What do you mean 'take care of it'," he asked.

"Exactly that. If you don't want this, I'll take care of it."

He looked confused.

"Oh," he said, then he understood.

"Oh! No, no, no, no, no. That's not at all what I meant! It's just a shock. But I couldn't be more excited. We're going to be parents Alayna."

He pressed his lips to mine.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too," I said as he pressed his lips to mine again.

"So, we'll get married tomorrow," he said holding me tighter.

"What," I asked.

"Marry me," he said.

"Tomorrow it is," I said kissing him.

When I pulled away I remembered my father.

"I need to go back home," I told him.

His eyebrows raised.

"Why," he asked.

"My father always insisted on making my wedding cake," I told him, a smile on my face.

"Get your coat, I'll get the car," he whispered before turning away and leaving through the doors.

I followed behind him, but went to my room instead of following him to the garage.

Inside my room I took my coat from the closet and changed my flats for my saddle shoes. As I walked to the garage, I pulled my hair up into a pony tail. There Connor had started the car and moved it outside.

"Let's go," he told me.

He opened my door then walked around the car to his. He started down the road.

"Would you please go faster."

The car was moving no more than five miles an hour.

"We don't want anything to happen to the baby! If we go to fast something could happen," Connor screamed trying to block me as I reached my foot over to step on the gas.

"Nothing is going to happen," I told him moving my foot as he was now speeding up.

"Stop," I said.

Connor, now confused stopped the car.

"Why are we stopping," He asked looking at me.

"We're not far. My house is right over there."

I pointed to the small cottage my father and I shared on the outskirts of the village.

"You don't live in the village," he asked glancing at the village just over the ridge.

"We're considered odd," I reminded him.

He nodded, and we continued at a slower pace to my home.

When we reached the fence, I began to get out of the car. Connor, noticing my slight struggle now that I was slightly heavier, got out and came over to help me out of the lower sitting car.

"Thank you."

I said then brushed off my skirt before approaching the door. I took a deep breath then opened it. This door led into the store front and a bell chimed as I entered.

"Be right with you," My father called from the kitchen. "What can I get for...Alayna!"

He had looked up from his flour covered hands.

"Papa."

I smiled.

"What are you doing here? How did you get out," He asked as Connor had waited outside to allow us to talk.

"Papa, I...I fell in love with him," I told him.

"What," he asked.

"Papa, he's so much like us. He was lonely and just needed someone to see who he really was. I found him. I love him, and he loves me."

He nodded and smiled.

"You found someone. I was so worried you wouldn't."

I giggled.

"Well, we came for a reason," I told him, Connor entering the shop.

"I know you always wanted to make my wedding cake and I was wondering if tomorrow was to short notice," I said.

"A wedding cake, tomorrow, you're what," he yelled.

"We're getting married tomorrow and I was hoping you would be there and make my wedding cake," I said.

A smile spread across his face.

"I can't wait," he said.

"You should come with us now, that way you can get started at the castle," Connor said.

"Wonderful," my father said.

He grabbed his coat laying by the door and we all walked outside.

He climbed into the back seat while Connor assisted me before getting in also. He wrapped his arms around me then sped off in the direction of the castle.

_HKSCfG