Chapter 1

The aromatic smell of fresh air from my balcony emerged to the room. The sun’s rays radiating to my body. What could possibly go wrong?  I tell myself but I know the truth. This will not be a happy one.

My bestfriend, Nash, and I won’t have summer together for the very first time. Don’t get me wrong but I like him, like a lot. It’s already been a year since I realized that and I just can’t say that to him cause he might freak out and leave me. Oh he would leave me. Just joking, he would never leave me unless I have bad breath. HOHO (weird laugh alert! Ha-ha). He thinks I’m nothing but his dude. I just hope he misses me when I go to vacation so he might realize that he might have feelings for me.

I got up my bed and did my morning stuff. I wore high-waisted shorts, loose hockey shirt and my Keds, perfect for one shitty sunny day of truth. I headed downstairs and didn’t bother to eat cause I know my family isn’t there. My mom and dad are busy finishing work before going to our trip. My brother and sisters went to the mall to shop and asked me if I could come with them but I said I’ve got business to handle.

I tied my hair into a nice ponytail and rode my penny board to Nash’s house. Skateboarding is just one of the few things I learned from him and it’s just one of the coolest things I know. The motion of the board just keeps me so alive, like how he makes me feel alive. That’s cheesy bitch! I know, I know! I’ surely gonna put this in my handcarry.

I reached his house, ran to his porch and knocked on his door. I know he knows I was coming cause I texted him.

He opened up the door and he had this big unusual smile on his face. Well that’s weird.

“Hey dude!” he said. We fist bumped and hugged each other. Gosh is he that excited to see me?

“What’s up with you?” I told him without even blinking.

“Well, I’ve got something to tell you?”

“What? Tell me. I’m eager!” I said anxiously.

His big smile reached to his eyes and he grabbed something. Take note: I am still at their porch. For a second, I was stuck with my thoughts. It was not something. It was someone. It was Maddie Beer, the girl he has a crush on for like forever.

They stood beside each other and I don’t know what to say. Is this even real?

Nash broke the silence and said “We are officially girlfriend and boyfriend!” They smiled at me.

Oh hell no. This morning I held myself together and now here I am being shattered into million pieces in front someone I felt whole with.

I fake a smile and breathed deep. I feel tears forming in my eyes.

“That’s great guys! I hope you are so happy! Maddie please take care of this little guy. He still cuddles a teddy bear in his room.”

Maddie laughed “Ah Marshy! Oh that cute little teddy bear!” Fudge! We were the only ones who knew about that. I have to get out here soon or I’ll crack.

They held hands and he said “I was going to tell you about us sooner but we made sure it was worth it before we tell anyone.”

What the hell! I am not just anyone in his life. How did they date without me knowing it? I should have seen the signs. I know I can’t keep them up apart because duh they look like two gummy bears in one creamy donut.

“Oh I’m so proud of you! *fake laugh*. You are now officially a man. If you two don’t mind, I still have to pack my things for the trip.” PLEASE LET ME GO!

 “A trip that is so nice! My mom and I went to Paris for a week and it was fabulous. The beach, the air, the people. They are perfect.” Blablabla. Please stop talking.

“Yeah. You know guys I really have to go. Bye!” I waved goodbye at them and last thing I saw was them looking cute yet confused of how I begged to go home.

I ran as fast as I could when I got the distance I wanted from them. I started to skate to the beach.

Of course, I was lying about the “pack my things” things. I already packed yesterday and he should know that. I am freaking OCD with those stuff. I hope he buys my alibi though.

The beach was a good place to get away from all the emotions building up. I sat at a bench near the shore, our fudging favorite spot, and watched the sun set.

I can’t cry cause I know it won’t do anything. Some people might even notice me and would make this a bigger issue.

I saw the sun sink as my heart’s pain drifts away.

I can tell this summer will take me somewhere.