a monster

Deans pov

I enter the room with my head held up high and with a smirk on my face. Whoever made this a good shelter must be incredible. The way that the way it’s constructed it’s as if it were brand-new. I look over at the table where the guard walks to and I see him bow his head to a girl. The girl has long dark curly brown hair. Her light brown eyes look over at me and I can see that she has been crying.

“I apologize for not greeting you in the entrance” she says as she slowly gets up and walks over to me to extend her hand for me to shake it.

“umm… its alright.” I say as I try to look anywhere else but at her eyes but fail to do so when I accidentally glance at her eyes and I see a tear come down to her cheek.

“im sorry” she says as she wipes it away. “I had a very unpleasant conversation with some of my friends and it got me emotional.” She says as she looks towards my men behind me. “so you are here to help me with the small situation that I have right?” she says with a smile.

“yes, of course” I say as I look at her walk towards the door.

“then why don’t we take a walk and discuss the details?”

Lucys pov

I take a deep breath and I look down from the top of the church to the dirt. I activate my bracelet and I jump down landing on both of my feet on the floor.

“shit!” I say as I fall back “my legs are numb” I stand up and I brush off the dirt from my pants. I stop when I hear a loud growl coming from a house followed by the laughter of many other men.

“look at what I found!” says a voice as he laughs.

“damn! I haven’t seen a dog in a long time. Where did you find it? It seems to be a pure breed.” Says another voice as I hear a loud growl.

“calm down you damn mutt!” I hear a man scream as I hear something hit something else hard. It sounds like a whip hitting against skin. I hear heartbreaking howls and it all comes together in my mind. I don’t need to look at it to know that some men are abusing some animal. I slowly walk to the front of the house and there they are.

Four men are standing surrounding a dog that is tied up with a chain to a pole. The animal is bleeding and he still growls but when he looks at the man lift his whip up ready to hit him again the dog quickly puts his tail in between his legs and whines in pain.

“you going to sell it?” a man asks “I’ll give you anything. It’s been a while since I’ve eaten dog.”

“You want to eat it?” asks another man in pure shock. “Give it to me it’s a fucking German Sheppard. Those are rare and they are highly intelligent and practically priceless!”

“I don’t know yet boys.” Says the old man, rolling up his whip. “I might just kill it. It’s a waste of space and if it can’t live on its own by providing its own food then it’s useless.”

I walk towards them and I observe the dog carefully. He is about two years old and I’m sure that it’s a male. It looks at me and begins to whine. The men whip their heads towards me and look at me in pure shock. Maybe because they didn’t sense my presence. “he looks like he is about one or two years old.” I say as I keep my eyes on the dog. “im sure he must have gotten his own food for at least a while or else he wouldn’t be this old.” I say as I look at the man with the whip in his hand. “he doesn’t seem so useless to me.”

“who the hell are you?” he asks lashing his whip a couple of inches in front of me expecting for me to jump but I don’t.

“I want him” I say looking at the dog and then at him “I want you to give me the dog.” I say as I move a bit closer to them to get to the dog but im stopped by another lash of the whip besides me. but this time it manages to cut my arm and it starts to bleed. I freeze as I look at the blood ooze out of the wound. I look at the old man and he grins showing off his yellow and black teeth.