secrets :11

lucy pov 

when i walked inside annie decided to pull me to a chair and she began to tell me about her new home. 

"when we seperated i... i was depressed. i began to run. i remembered everything you had told me about survival. soon after vikki found me and brought me here... at first i didn't tell them about my knowledge until they had to kill some bandits and we went into war. thats when i helped them win and i became the brain of the shelter... at least war based." she said with a smile as she sat in a chair across the table from me where there was a board of checkers. "lucy which would you choose white or black?" she asked as she grabbed a white piece.  

i looked at the board and the pieces. i studied the board. i could see that the moves of the white ones were practically already planned. annie always had that weakness. she would think about her side but never about the other. "black" i said. 

"but the white ones will win?" she asked curious "why choose the side that you know will lose?" she asked confused. 

i stayed silent for a while and said "you haven't changed at all annie, you still give up too soon." i said with a smirk in my face. "isn't it more fun when the game you play is challenging?" i asked "that way it won't ever get boring." i moved a black piece and she gasped. i could see shock in her eyes and fear. i looked at the board and i smiled at how i had trapped her white pieces. she hadn't seen the opening. all of her pieces were now trapped. any movements would be useless. shse wouldn't win. at least thats what she thought... 

"you win." she said almost crying. 

"see... you give up way too soon" i said to her with a cold voice. 

"and your still as heartless as ever..." she said pouting "you won't let me win you even at checkers!" she crossed her arms and sighed "god after all this training you can still win me"  

i laughed and i heard someone hit the table. i didn't remember that the rest had followed us inside including vikki. she looked mad now. "why do you care so much about someone who wasn't strong enough to protect you!" she yelled at annie. 

annie was now mad "what?" she asked furiously.  

"well she got bit and survived. big deal! you had to fight all on your own and when i found you....you were about to be raped! why would you care for her if she wasn't there for you!"  

when i heard the word rape i clutched my fists hard. i couldn't believe it. my friend had to expirience that? i looked at her and she was now crying.  

"did you kill them?" i asked vikki mad. 

"no they got away... " she said like if it was no big deal. i ran towards her and pushed her to the ground. "how could you let them go!" i screamed with tears of anger in my eyes. "why would you care! you weren't there for her its all your fault!" she screamed as i breathed hard and stood up. i looked at the ceiling and said "your right... sorry" as i walked over to a wall and sat on the floor leaning on the wall. i looked down to the floor and tried to calm myself down. vikki stood up and walked over to the chair where i was sitting and said looking at annie "she needs to go!" she pointed at me "she doesn't deserve to be here! not after what she..."  

"shut up!" annie interrupted. tears were now falling fast. she was crying as she tried to speak. "the one who doesn't deserve to be here is me. for..for being so weak" 

"what?" asked vikki. i looked up at the table. everyone looked shocked and confused. anger filled me up and i screamed "i told you to forget it!" i yelled and everyone looked at me. nick looked surpised. jack, sam and his sister were scared and ben looked worried. i rubbed my wrists in my forehead and tried to forget about the pain i had in my head.  

i wiped my tears away and walked out of the room before i started to cry. "im going to get some fresh air." i said quickly and i walked out. 

annabells pov 

lucy walked out of the room and i began to say. "there's something you don't know... " i began "when we found each other we were happy. travelling together but then we got kidnapped by hackers. they took us and they told us that they would torture us both equally or that they would torture one of us and treat another one like their own but the torture would be twice as horrible. i.. i was scared and i kept crying to lucy that i didn't want to be tortured so she chose to make them treat me like one of their own...they would only let me see her once a month but she was always hanging from some chains covered in her own blood. she had given me her bracelet so thatbi could protect myself but she was slowly dying. everytime i saw her... her eyes kept getting darker and she wouldn't talk. after i saw her one day i snuck into the hall where there was a big window to see what they were doing to her and i... i was so scared. she was screaming the whole time because of the pain. her whole body was covered in blood and i couldn't take it anymore." i stopped to look at my friends faces. they all looked sad especially lez. "i planned out a way out and i used one of lucys weapons to take her out of that place but plan failed and lucy had to kill five hackers in order for us to get out of there safely. .. but we didn't expect to run into infected and after that you know the rest of my story." 

lez pov 

i was angry and sad. i wanted to kill ana. i couldn't believe what she was saying but now i understood why lucy was so messed up. why she acted like a bitch sometimes and why she didn't want to talk about her past. "you knew what she had been through before she met you again?" i asked ana. 

"yes" she said looking at her hands. 

"you knew that if you asked her to suffer for you she would do it?" 

"yes" she said closing her eyes. 

"and you still did it?!" i screamed at her. "you knew and you never did anything?!" i yelled as i saw anas faced go pale. i got even more mad and ran out of the room.