Chapter 1

Why? Why do I have to live like this? Why do I have to live in fear of hurting others while not meaning it? Why must I live in loneliness because everyone is afraid of me? I’ll tell you why. It's because I was meant to be like this. I was meant to be alone. Because if I ever got near someone, there's a chance I might hurt them...no..I will hurt them. It's a condition that I have, one that if I don't take my pills, I'll end up being mentally unstable and violent, laughing uncontrollably. People called me crazy before, they called me a luny. But it gets worse sometimes. They're some people out there who want to either kill me or drag me to a mental hospital. To tell you the truth, I don't want those things to happen to me. I want to stay in my own world, where it's safe. Where no one can touch me and I can only touch them. That's why I like to stay in my room a lot. My room's a mess, but I don't bother cleaning it. I just want to relax my  mind and lay on my bed, just like what I'm doing now.

"...No one wants me.."

Those are the words I keep repeating to myself, to remind myself that the world doesn't want someone like me. I prefer to be alone anyway, it's a better choice. If you're asking me if I was in love once, then I would say yes. But that person is long gone from my life, living in her own future and a different world. A world a lot brighter than mine, I bet. ...Enough about her. I should forget about her before I start thinking about her. This is my story, not hers. Anyway...huh? I thought I heard something. ...Oh, wait, that's my door, someone's knocking on it. I sat up on my bed and called out.

"Come in.."

The door opens and someone steps in. It's no one dangerous, it's just one of my members of my team. It's not much of a team, more like a group that steals unsolved cases from the police department. I'm surprised that Akushima hasn't said anything yet.

"What is it?"

"Sorry for disturbing you, boss. I have an update on the serial killer case"

"Good, what did you find?"

"Another killing happened in the same place and time, but the way the body was slashed up seemed different from the other corpses"

"How different?"

 "The other bodies had cuts that go deep enough to see the bone and they're also scattered across the victims body. But this one does have cuts everywhere but it wasn't deep enough for an instant kill, the victim died of blood loss this time"

"The killer might either be rushed or have a deep grudge with this one...run some blood tests to see if there was a fight between them before the kill"

"Yes, boss"

I know that he was looking at me funny, just like all the others. It's probably because I'm the only one here that wears almost all black, wears a mask that covers most of the face, and an eye patch. Think about it, you'll find it strange too. I don't mind there stares though, it's not like they can see what my body looks like. Anyway, I have something to do before I go to my office. I got up from my somewhat tattered bed and fixed my clothes and my black cloak. Pulling up my mask a little over my nose, I open my door and left my room, closing and locking my door behind me. I look around at the broken down building with a few shattered windows and a broken staircase. I walk towards the exit, or an entrance. It's practially the same thing, since it's our only way to leave the building and enter it. Several people are already staring at me, but it's not bothering me as much. I just keep walking, having a straight face, silently telling everyone to back off. Once out of the building, I look up at the cloudy sky. It looks like it's going to rain today, but I don't have an umbrella. ...It doesn't bother me at all