Chapter 33

Destiny POV

Four months later...

Jacob and I are still together. He keeps bothering me about living with him. I've only been with him for five months. Lily says he's trying to have control over me more than he already does.

"Destiny I understand he's your boo and you think you're in love but please don't live with him. He's taking over your whole life" Lily nagged.

"He's not taking over my whole life"

"He tracks your phone, he's always telling you what to do, how to feel, and how to think" she says.

"He knows what's best for me"

"Destiny let's be serious, Jacob is kind of stupid. Plus, he seems weird like he's hiding something. When I ask him questions he answers around them. There's something he's not telling you" she rants.

I totally zone out because Lily is really getting on my nerves. She should be happy that someone loves me.

While she's picking up her purse she accidentally swings it and it knocks my jewelry box down opening it.

She starts picking my things up until she finds the letter that Simon gave to me.

"What is this?" She asked. "When did Simon give you this?"

"Before we left for school" I answered. That reminds me why haven't I read it.

"Let's read it" she says.

"No I want to read it in private"

"At least pack it with you so when you see him-"

"Jacob is coming along with me I don't think I'll go see him" I interrupted her.

"Wait- why is he even coming. You're going to spend two weeks at your mother's house" she says. "I don't like him Destiny. Leave him" she whined stomping around my dorm.

"He just wants to meet my mom" I respond. "I think my mom would like him" I said.

"Keep lying to yourself sis" she says. "Anyways, I'm going to finish packing" she walks out.

I packed the letter with me. Just in case, I really see him.

✨✨

We finally land. I get to see my mother. She's going to be a little shocked that I brought a guy with me. I hope she doesn't ambush him with questions.

As soon as she opens the door with a smile on her face she looks over at Jacob and it immediately fades.

"Mommy I missed you" I hugged her.

"I missed you too sweetie" she says. "And you are...." She trails off pointing at Jacob.

"This is my boyfriend. We've been together for five months" I smiled.

"But you've only been in New York for five months" I start frowning.

Why is she doing this right now. She was obviously mad that he's here.

"Well, come in" she moved out the way to let us in.

"Jacob you could start putting the luggages upstairs. It's the second room to the right" she gives him a fake smile, as he walks upstairs with the luggages.

"What the hell Destiny" she turns to me.

"Mom why are you using the h word I didn't do anything" I pouted.

"I already don't like him" she rolls her eyes. He didn't even do anything to her.

They say down and talked. I could tell my mom still hated him. Maybe, she'll get used to him.

Lily calls and asked if Jacob and I wanted to go on a double date with them. Anything this get out of this situation with my mom.

✨✨

Simon POV

"Destiny should be coming back today" I smiled just thinking about it. I was eating out with Gray. Especially since he said he was paying.

"Oh, you're dating her again?" he didn't look up from the menu.

"No but we've been talking" I finished ordering my food.

I look him to see Destiny sitting on the other side of the room with another guy. I talked on the phone with her everyday and she never even mentioned dating anyone.

I feel like she led me on. She tells me she loves me, she misses me, she can't wait to see me but didn't even tell me she was back.

I feel like she played me all over again.

Destiny POV

"Guys Jinhwan and I are getting married after we graduate from school" Lily smiled holding onto Jinhwan's hand.

"I don't believe in marriage" Jacob says. Lily and Jinhwan look at each other speaking with their eyes. I use to hate when they did that shit especially, when I was the third wheel.

"Destiny didn't you always dream of getting married" Jinhwan asked.

"It's ok, I mean marriage isn't everything" I say trying to convince myself. I've always wanted that but, if Jacob doesn't want that then I'll have to deal with it.

Just when I finish saying that I looked up to see Simon on the other side of the room staring at me.

Is he going to come over here and drag me out like he usually does? How would Jacob react to that?

Simon stands up walks out the restaurant and Gray goes after him. He's really over me. He's not even fighting for me anymore.

That made me feel terrible. The whole night I was quiet. I had to come up with a lie to see him.

When we got home I put the envelope in my purse while Jacob is using the bathroom.

"Jacob, I'm going out" I say.

"Where? We just got back"

"Lily and I are going to hang out with some old friends, like a girls night out"

"Oh ok. Don't be out too late" he kissed my forehead.

I walked over to Simon's door and built up the courage to knock.

I knocked and it took him a while to open the door.

From the smell he had on him and the empty bottles of alcohol he's obviously been drinking.

"Maybe I should go" I try walking away.

"No it's ok come in" he slurred.

I pulled out the envelope and walked in.

✨✨

I hope you enjoyed the chapter