the talk.

"So, you know I'm a superhero, right? But you don't know my powers, or why I have told you about them." I nodded. "So, do you recognize the name Sanali? Sometimes called Sana?" He aseed. I recognized it immediately, it was the name of my best friend who had been killed by accident last year. "Yeah, I know her." I said. "Why?" He nodded, sitting down in a chair across the floor from mine. "It's me." I laughed. "No. Sana was a girl. Plus, she died. She was killed. It's impossible." I spat. How dare he? Rip me out of my life and waste my time talking about his super powers and then give me this? Claim to be my dead bestfriend? "No, look." He handed me a photo of Sana and I. "I remember this was the first time we met up outside of school in fourth grade. We had went to the park first, then we begged your mom to take us out for ice cream afterwards. You got a strawberry swirl and I had chocolate chunk. We stayed there until the sun went down. Do you remember that, Melly?" He said, using the nickname Sana had given me all of those years ago. "I do. How is that possible? How are you alive? And a dude? Is that your power? Reincarnation?" I asked pulling him in for a hug. "I don't know Melly but I wish I did. That's why you're here. I had seen you in fourth period but I was so scared. I didn't know if you would believe me so I waited until I could find the picture of us from my parents' house. Turns out, they still have my stuff in my room. They still work all the time. They still leave a key in the pot. Somehow, though, it still seems so empty and so-" he looked up at me with tears brimming his eyes, "dead."