Ch.1 The Shepards

Artist : mercyabove from tumblr, please go check them out if you find this artwork nice! (Please notify me if this is the wrong person)

First before we start! I will be following the story of Awakening so please know this is 100% spoilers, but also at the same time it will not be always word for word exact as the game,, too much time would be spent on that rather than romantic development.
First and almost, little tips so you can understand the story better!
Y/N = Your Name
L/N = Last Name
E/C= eye color
H/C= hair color
' these will be thoughts '
This font will be used for time skips.

  I was a young girl when my parents had taught they how to fight. My family had been low ranking knights for generations, so they wanted their daughter to change that. So they trained me everyday after going to a school. They wanted me to be a strong woman when I grew up. I grew up knowing I would die in battle most likely, and I would sacrifice my life for the country. Just like my family members. But, in my opinion sounds boring, written in every fairy tale, every Knight goes by it too if not for power and glory. Now as I'm enlisting for some sort of army , with my parents coming of an old age. To support my folks enlisted into the Shepard's. It was a little band of the prince's friends, his sister, a close knight friend, and a few others I didn't know quite yet. I was lead into a room with the three staring at me.

  "So, Y/N? Correct? " the blue haired prince asked me. I nodded and let him proceed. " I will let you join the Shepard's, as long as you don't cause any trouble for Ylisse, concerning your family's loyalty! I doubt you will! Anyways let's shake on it! " He announced and shared my hand, his sister smiled while his knight remained a cold face. "You will be sleeping in a room in a structure near the castle, don't worry, it's a room by yourself. It used to be used for noble guests, but at times of like these no one likes to come here y'know. " The prince informed. I nodded and left to put down my luggage, I didn't have much to put away so I ended up staring at the wall for a while.

     "So this is it, being a grand ol' part of a Knight brigade put together by the prince," I said out loud, sighing. " hopefully the pay is good for Mom and Dad. " I told myself laying down on the bed. I started to get so bored I passed out. The soft yet firm bed.

Dreaming

    It was all light colors, the clouds a light fluffy pink, the sky a baby blue. It was just pleasant. I walked around seeing memories of when the previous exalt asking aid from my family. Serval of my family members agreed to go along as the parents stayed. Then a a scene of my parents and me getting the news of all my dead cousins, some even uncles. The exalt knew we're only useful for meat shields, but it was war, they chose to go attack another country just for the hell of it. I don't think the area of this place fits with the atmosphere.

End of dream

    I woke up a bit sweaty, I rubbed my forehead and sighed. I looked around and still was in a room within noble walls. I grabbed my armor and prepared to go ask Prince Chrom what the Shepard's actually do in these slight peaceful days. I put my last piece of armor on and went to go find the princeling. "How hard can it be to find a prince—"

   "Ah! Y/N! How was your rest? " Prince Chrom asked me, I laughed, then quickly covered my mouth for my rudeness

   "Apologies Prin—" I said before I was interrupted

   "No need for formal talk, you're one of the Shepard's! " he told me.

    "I wish I could be as optimistic as you, Chrom. " I stated, he just awkwardly laughed as I asked questions in the hallways of the castle. 'This is weird. I'm talking to a noble, and he isn't asking me about pig sty's or something of the sort. '