chapter 1: Leaving home . . .

Day 1

It was just an ordinary day. For a person like my sister and I, we never thought this day will ever become about.

Coming home from school and getting off the bus. Just a normal routine we did. Noticing that my mother wasn't home got me worried a little, but I knew she was okay. My sister and I have been home alone before, so no big deal.

Walking in setting our stuff down. First thing first... Get food. The both of us got our snacks and head upstairs to our rooms . Hours later we heard our mom yelling for us to come to her. We did so and when we got there she was crying. 

Asking her what's  wrong she said to us we need to go to the DFCS (department family children service) office. They said we needed to pack up our stuff, but we didn't  because we thought we wasn't  going to be taken away. 

Going out the door I never thought that was going to be my last time being there. If I knew I would have said bye to all my friends and my room. We started driving there with fear of what to happen. 

We walked in the office and sit down to wait. This lady called me back. I walked back with her and she took me to her room asked me random questions  about my life and my mom. 

Once I was done, my sister came in and she did the same thing. We wasn't  allow to see our mom for at least an hour. Some lady took my sister and I  to this room filled with kids toys, kids book, and kids movies. We waited in there for who knows how long.

 Someone came back to see us and they said we can go see your mom and eat some pizza. Man I was hungry  and happy to see my mom.  Time went by we only had 10 minutes with our mom and they told us to go back. 

We did so and we wait. And wait. And wait. And wait some more. Guess what my phone died and I had nothing to do except lay in the floor and stare at the ceiling. Trinity had gone to sleep because it was getting late. It was around 11pm. I wanted to sleep, but I didn't  want to during all this. 

Finally, they called us back with our mom. They told us the bad news. We had to leave our mom. Once telling us my mom starting crying and they took us back to that room. They said to us if we can find someone who could take us we can be with them.

Trinity and I sat on the couch and tried calling our youth pastor from church to come get us before her phone died. Calling and calling. Texting and texting. No answer. Then he called us. We talk to him saying what happened  and say to come here. He was on his way. At this point we are scared and crying our eyes out. 

A lady came in and said they needed us. We told her we had someone coming and she said to talk to her boss. We went into her room  and  told her. She was mean and said we have already put you guys in foster care. So there was no use about staying with Cody. 

They put us in some car and said you two are going to your new foster parents. 

Trinity started having panic and anxiety attacks