Lesson 12

...

"Among the despair and desperation that we often succumb to, there will be a light that would give your soul its own private paradise. Sometimes you know them since forever, but more often than not, you don't know them at all."

...

There is no glory in death. 

As the bodies of the mutilated ninjas laid on the ground before them, they didn't feel any victorious of their deed. They were indeed children lingering in matters of adults,  victims of their own talents and abilities. But they succeeded, for there was no other soul in that field that tried to attack them. Their clothes were now a deep burgundy color, and as they glanced among them, they heartbeats slowly decreased. It had been an ambush, the thought crossed their minds; someone had just tried to betray them. It was no coincidence that the ninjas were lingering so close to the borders of Konoha, but Shisui, Itachi, and Sora knew that they were deep in the fire nation, they were still behind the wall of detection from the team of intelligence. 

The children revised the bodies one by one, slowly picking up scrolls with very compromising information that would exclusively be delivered to the Hokage. For there was indeed a traitor in Konoha, a traitor who had just tried to get them killed, and they were going to find it, for these things weren't to be forgiven. The fate of a nation was at stake, and they weren't going to let its downfall happen. It was also at this moment, as Itachi was whipping the blood out of his hands that he wished for it to not run anymore. Because no matter how much he cleaned them, they were still stained.

The success of the mission surprised a specific individual of the Anbu intelligence committee. He was better dead, but was he truly able to quit his own life?  His superiors had been satisfied with his cooperation to eradicate the best ninja squad from Konoha, but what now? For the bodies that were found in the border weren't the ones of the Sand and Cloud, but those of Sora, Itachi, and Shisui. What else was expected from very dangerous genjutsu users in one solely team? Though, the thought of success was so great that such possibility completely escaped his mind.

The news had traveled fast, and the foreign nations were getting ready to attack. They failed to realize the rather tall pile of death that was slowly increasing in their ranks, for the ninjas of such ambush were never found again but assumed to be missing in action.

...

They didn't disclose their trap with the Hokage during their brief of the mission, for other members of the council were standing on the sidelines. Their reports sounded genuine and carefree, but the Hokage felt the foreign chakra in his neck whirl around his body. They were hiding something, a fact that only his ears were to listen. So he decided to appreciate their cooperation and dismiss his small special team. Sora gave a small nod and they disappeared. But from the reactions of the people that were with the Hokage, none of them seem to be disappointed with their presence, thus the traitor was hidden more in the shadows of the village. 

Shisui was exhausted, albeit it was something impossible to believe, faking his death to the world outside Kohona was taken a tool in his body, yet Sora and Itachi didn't say anything for they understood the hidden message in their comrade words; he was mentally exhausted of this matter, that even some among his people wanted to see him dead. So he decided to take a small break from trying to get his small companion in getting him a training menu and proceeded to go into his compound. Sora glanced at Itachi and he simply nodded his head for her to follow, a small smile broke into her face. She wasn't ready to spend some time alone after her hands had severed the heads of many men. There was a small twitch to her fingers that were still grasping in the innocent soul that was slowly being consumed by the village, and so spending some time with Itachi made her happy. Happy, she felt happy when he was in her presence.