Lesson 13

...

"There is no wrong choice when picking a side, but there are consequences when dealing with the aftermath."

...

The end was near. It was a matter of time before the Uchiha clan proceeded with the coup d'etat, and it was consuming Itachi slowly. Prominent stress marks were now starting to appear on his young face, and his team couldn't help but worry, albeit simple comments about his father's new training became slowly the excuses that were now his go-to-phrases. That wasn't normal at all, but for the sake of his friend, they pretended to believe his lies. They were almost like a family, it was stupid not to notice the recent anxiety in his behavior, and Itachi was aware of that, but his companions also didn't share the skeletons that each had in their closet. Sora's strange hand twitching and Shisui's recent abnormal behavior weren't brought up by the others without them expecting an excuse as an answer. They had a silent agreement of accepting each others' lies.

It wasn't healthy, to say the least, but who else was there to carry their burdens? They were dead to the world, but it was under one mission in which the world understood who the real fools were.

There was no mistake that many wished for the hidden village of the leaf to fall. They were after all not only one of the greatest nations in the shinobi world, but they carried abilities that many wished to put their hands into. It was under this circumstance, no longer after 7 weeks in which the deaths of Sora, Shisui, and Itachi were announced across the bingo books that the hidden mist village paired itself with the cloud and sand.

The mission was rather simple, they were to come across the defenses and kill the monarch. Suicide, the mission was classified as lethal one, but the instability that would bring was supposed to weaken the nation. Ao of the mist was one of the leading forces in the small squad. He had offered himself without a second thought, for he was also the one that had actually manage to implant a Hyuga eye into him. Why not aim for something higher and red? As a result of his hidden ambitions, here he was, close to the wall of the intelligence squad that the traitor had taught them how to break, though there haven't been words from him after the last hit.

It wasn't the most comforting thought to have, but maybe he had finally broken into another nation? Wished to laid down? Dead? He really wished for the last one not to be... Because if that was the case, then this was truly a suicide mission. He was rather notorious for having lucky guesses, but was this finally the time in which he was wrong? In which he wished for the people dead to truly be dead? Nevertheless, the universe had a funny sense of humor.

...

The trees were something the sand and cloud shinobi weren't used to. They specialized in the earth, hard rock, and sand. But the sudden atmosphere that the forest presented didn't settle well in their stomachs. Ao was using the byakugan, for they haven't encountered a single shinobi yet, and that was suspicious itself. Weren't they supposed to increased their defenses by now? Albeit a gasp by one of the ninja broke his concentration. He and the others watched as a single silver butterfly settled in his comrade's face before the latter broke in the most horrific scream that they had ever heard.

Fast did they disperse and got into a defensive position. Their run had finally settled and Ao was encouraged to see what was occurring to the ninja. The sight only sent chills up his spine. Genjutsu, he was trapped in a genjutsu. Promptly, one of the fellow shinobi from that village tried to approach his side to release him, but his body only gave a certain number of steps before a blur appeared out of nowhere and ran a kunai through his arteries. Ao's blood ran cold at this point. It was here in which he understood that they were in a trap, his eye, whose byakugan was still activated identified the strange entity as Itachi Uchiha. They were alive. Not too far from where they were, perched on the top of a tree were Shisui of the body flicker and Sora; now it made sense, a butterfly had been the one to send his companion into a frenzy. This was a lethal group of ninja that specialized in genjutsu. But his gaze remained not in them, but in the genjutsu that they were currently on. They had been in one all along, for the odor that the bodies surrounding them emanated wasn't present when they first got there.