Years later

It's now 3 years later. Henry is 5, hope has just turned 3 and Chris is 2. Since Chris is a month younger than hope. Emma goes everyday to the hospital to see her. She spends more time with Regina than at home. The kids stay for a little bit but Cora looks after them when they aren't. Emma had noticed Henry isn't himself at the moment. He's more quiet and quite shy anymore especially in the hospital.

Emma was sat down doing some paperwork when Henry, hope and Chris came in with Cora. Emma picked Henry up and hugged him. "Kiss for mummy" she asks pointing her cheek at him. He kissed her cheek while smiling. She then leaned him over the bed and said "and one for mama" Henry kissed her head softly. Emma put him down and he went around the other of the bed. Emma picked Hope up and she kissed the blondes face. Hope looks so much like Regina it's crazy. She kissed Regina's head and Emma put her down.

Lastly Emma did the same with Chris but kept him on her lap because Cora needed to sit down. Cora kissed Regina's head and held her hand while sitting down. "Any improvement" she asked softly. Emma shook her head a little disappointed. "I just want her to hurry up and wake up now. It's been so long and just feels forever" she says looking at Regina upset. "Mum? When is mama going to wake up" hope asked softly. Emma shrugged and said "I'm not sure sweetie. Hopefully soon" after an hours or so they got ready to leave.

Henry stayed at the bed while they walked of. He looked at Regina and said "I miss you mummy" he had his hand on the bed. He then felt Regina grab his hand slowly and rub it with her thumb. She was dead still expected that part. Henry smiled and quickly ran out. "Mummy! Mummy" he shouts after Emma. She stopped and said "what is it" Henry was smiling brightly and said "mama grabbed my hand. I felt her" Emma picked him up and said "are you sure Henry? I think your just tired"

He shook his head quickly while saying "no. No. No. She grabbed my hand. We need to tell the doctor" Emma sighed and said "fine Henry but don't get your hopes up ok" she then picked him up and said to Cora "put them 2 in the car. I'm going to go speak to the doctor" Cora nodded and took the younger ones to the car. Emma went to the doctor holding Henry and said "hey my son said he felt Regina mills grab his hand. She's a patient in a coma here" he looked a bit confused at her.

"Are you sure kid" he asked and Henry nodded shyly. The doctor walked quickly to Regina's room with Emma following. He checked the machines and looked shocked at them. "What is it" Emma says lifting Henry up more onto her hip. The doctor frowned and said "nothing. Regina's monitor says the same as always" Emma looked at Henry and said "see Henry. You just imagined it" he shook his head and said "no mummy I didn't. Look her hand has moved from her body to the end of the bed" Regina's hand was at the end of the bed now.

The doctor looked confused and said "he's telling the truth about her. Regina moved but the machine says otherwise. It might be the machine broken I'll have someone check it out and let you know" Emma nodded and she left with Henry. She put him down and held his hand as they walked out. "Is mama going to wake up? I really miss her" he asked while stopping.

Emma bent down and said "she will one day. I miss her to Henry. I miss her so much and I know it's hard but we have to be strong. Your lucky because you get that from her" he smiled softly but his eyes were filled with tears. He hugged him and let a few out. She picked him up and walked out of the hospital. When they got to the car Cora asked "what did he say" Emma glanced at her and said "I'll tell you when we're home. You all ready to go" they nodded and Emma started driving.

Thoughts kept running throws Emma's mind. Trying to figure out how Regina moved. Is she waking up? Is she dying? Will she ever wake up? Will Emma ever see her again? Will she ever see her children again? Will she ever meet her step son? All these questions went threw Emma's mind. She stopped the car quickly. They looked confused at her. Emma knew she couldn't drive like this. "I can't drive. Cora you got to" she says staring out the window. Cora got out and went over to Emma's side. She opened the door and Emma got out.

The blonde went around the car and got in the passenger side. She looked out the window trying to get her mind of it. She wanted answers to her question but at the same time didn't know if she did. Still looking out the window she said "will I see her again" Cora glanced over and said "I know it's hard. I miss her to but I have faith she'll wake up" Emma was slowly loosing hope and Regina was slowly loosing life.