epilogue

(when this appears [PLAY], play the song!!!)

it was prom night.

eddie was still in the hospital, and wouldn't be discharged for another week. he was saddened that he wouldn't be able to go to prom with richie, with his boyfriend.

it still felt so good to say that.

richie is my boyfriend, he would think to himself, mine.

but all he could think of was missing out on being able to dance with richie, to sing along to their favorite songs and be surrounded by their friends.

he had taken a nap, fallen asleep somewhere around 3pm. it was now 6.

eddie awoke to a decorated hospital room: a cheap, plastic disco ball hanging from the ceiling, held up by tape and a string, a record player in the corner by the window, a table with assorted snack foods, and lots of glitter, confetti, and streamers.

he looked around, slowly pushing himself to his feet as he saw richie standing by the door, smiling.

"surprise, baby."

eddie blushed. "what's all this for?"

"well, i knew you were upset about not going to prom...so i brought prom to you. complete with snacks, music, yours truly, and to finish it off, stargazing by the window."

eddie smiled widely. "like our—"

"first date," richie finished, beaming. "exactly."

eddie walked over to richie, who was wearing a sky blue suit and tie, with a bubblegum pink dress shirt underneath. he giggled at the sight.

"you look so cute, richie."

richie beamed. "just like you. god, you don't even have to try, you're just so, so fuckin' cute!"

eddie blushed. "shut up, richie, no i'm not."

"god, you liar! you are the cutest damn thing i have ever laid my eyes on! now get your cute ass over here to me, i wanna dance with you."

eddie rolled his eyes but obliged, following richie to the record player. he noticed the record's label and smiled.

"new jersey?"

"hell yeah! bon jovi is the shit, eds."

"1988," he mumbled, a smile spread across his face. "i remember that year. we were, like, 12?"

"you were 11."

"whatever," he giggled. "that was the year we had-"

"-every class except for math together. i remember. i had to half-ass my way through the whole class."

richie grinned widely as he put the needle on the record.

jon bon jovi's voice rang out from the speaker.

"your love is like bad medicine, bad medicine is what i need, woah-oh-oh, shake it up, just like bad medicine, there ain't no doctor that can cure my disease!"richie sang out. eddie giggled, watching his boyfriend sing to the music.

eddie wasn't the biggest fan of bon jovi, nor of rock in general. he was more of a whitney houston, cyndi lauper kind of guy. but, seeing richie with that grin on his face was well worth listening to this kind of music.

besides, maybe bon jovi wasn't all that bad...

[PLAY]

after a few more songs, eight to be exact, richie looked into eddie's eyes.

"this one," he said. "this one is our song. my song to you." he smiled and took eddie's hands. "dance with me?"

eddie blushed and smiled. "absolutely."

richie's hand rested on eddie's hips, eddie's hands on the nape of richie's neck. they two had their foreheads pressed together, eyes closed, enjoying each other's presence.

it seemed like everything was going to be okay now. everything was going to be okay.

no more secrets, no more separation.

richie swore to eddie that he would never let him go again, ever.

"hey, eds?" richie asked, softly.

"yeah, rich?"

"you know how much i love you?"

"how much?"

"you're my cherry cola."

eddie blushed and smiled.

"i love you more than cherry cola, rich."

"just let me be cute, dammit!

the two boys burst out into giggles.

eddie was richie's cherry cola.

richie was the one thing eddie loved more than cherry cola.

it's done. cherry cola is finished.

this is my first actually successful fanfiction (aka fanfiction that i've ever actually completed), and i swear, it's been so amazing seeing this book go from a few reads to now almost FIVE THOUSAND!!!

it's fucking crazy.

i want to thank each and every one of you readers for making the experience of writing this book such an amazing one. i've had my moments, and when it came to publishing parts, i got a little lazy towards the end, but you all have been so supportive anyways.

and that means so much to me.

my writing is definitely not the best, but you guys seem to like it, and that gives me so much joy <3

thank you all for reading

-hay

(also new stories are coming your way soon! consisting of fack, reddie, stenbrough, and more!!!!!!)