Chapter 17: Arguments In The Night

Just as I was about to get him away, someone pulls him off of me. "What the hell, dude!? She said no," Jimin yells. For once I'm glad for the loud music in the building because it drowns out the sound of Jimin's shouts.

"Who the hell are you," the other guy asks. "Her husband, you bastard," Jimin spits and pushes him away from me. "Bastard my ass," the guy says and tries to hit Jimin. He dodges it and punches the man instead, causing him to fall. I gasp and look at Jimin. This is why I told him to stay out of it if someone bothered me.

As the man gets up, I grab Jimin's wrist and drag him outside of the club. I'm pretty angry because he didn't listen to me and almost got in a fight because of it. "Baby, what ar-"

I stop walking and let go of his wrist, fuming. I turn and look at him. "What the hell was that, Jimin," I ask angrily. "What," he asks, confused. "Why did you come over?! I told you to let me handle it if something happened and you said that you would," I remind him.

"I was worried, so I went to help you," he says. "But I told you not to. I didn't need help and you almost got in a fight. I'm not some damsel in distress, I don't need you to rescue me," I tell him. By now we are getting stares from passersby because wh're arguing, but I don't care.

"I know you don't! But you're my wife, it's my job to my worry about you," he tells me. "Don't even try that, Jimin. Our marriage was arranged. I only did it to help my father and uncle," I say. "I know that, Eunjae! I've known that from day 1! But we're still married and I promised your dad I'd look after you," he says. "I don't need you to look after me, Jimin! I don't want you to! I'm not the little girl you grew up with, I can take care of myelf," I snap.

"And? I know you aren't that girl anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop looking after you," he says. "Why? Why are you so damn persistent on treating me like a little kid," I ask. "I just want to keep you safe because I love you! I do it because I-. . . because I love you, Eunjae," he says. He yelled it the first time, making me jump a little, but the second time his eyes and voice were soft and sincere.

"Well. . . I loved you."

"What?"

"I loved you. Past tense. It means I don't anymore."

"I don't believe that."

"And why not?"

"Because if you didn't feel anything for me, you wouldn't let me act the way I do with you. You wouldn't let me call you petnames, or hug you as often as I do, or kiss you before I go to work, or let me lay with you. You wouldn't let me do anything, but you do."

"You read into details too much, Jimin. I. Don't. Love. You. Point, blank, period. So you can stop looking after me or whatever you're trying to do because I don't need it, nor do I want it."

He looks at me for a moment and I feel bad for being so brutal towards him, but I don't let it show. I need him to believe it. If it can convince him, maybe it'll convince me too. He just stares for a moment before trying to grab my hand when I start to walk away. "Baby, I'm sor-"

"Don't "baby" me, Jimin," I tell him. Those words are like vinegar when they leave my mouth. It's the same thing I said to him when he tried to explain on the day we broke up. The day I left him behind, or so I thought I did.

"I'm going back to get the others. And don't worry about anyone that might bother me, I won't try to sneak off with them. I'm not you," I say coldly. "Eunjae," he calls after I push past him. I go back to the club and I don't acknowledge him.

While I walk, I call an uber to come pick everyone up. That means I have six minutes to get five drunk guys out of the club. It's fine, I got this. Hopefully without accidentally lashing out on anyone.